cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Hopper 3--Facing issues and software is not updating

dashrendar
Extra

Hi all,

I upgraded from Hopper with sling to Hopper 3 a couple of days ago. The installation went well and I am able to see programming fine. I was also able to restore my recordings to the new Hopper using an EHD.

After two days, I noticed two problems:

- No channel/program icons appear in the guide or menus.

- I cannot see programs that are further than 2 days in the guide.

I contacted Dish support and they went through the different troubleshooting steps. One thing that was noticed was that the software version was stuck as U501 and the receiver would say it's the latest update when I try to download it manually. However, the support person believed it should be U518 or something. I also saw in the forums here that people had later versions.

The software version I have seems to be from a year ago.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to force the update? Does the box need to be replaced at this point? This would be a hassle because I have to wait 9 days for the tech to arrive and also I have to transfer my recordings again which takes hours and hours.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

Re: Upgraded to Hopper 3--Facing issues and software is not updating

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Give it a couple more days. It’ll take care of itself. Just make sure it is in standby, and nothing is recording(this includes the Joeys) at night.

Can you define a couple of days?  Mine is doing this daily and has for weeks. Dish has already replaced it once to try and resolve it.  

DISH Employee

UnhappyWithHop3, are you also seeing an issue with the software update? What is the software version that is listed for your Hopper 3? You can find this information by pressing the SAT button, the Home button three times, then select Receiver. It will be listed in the Software Version line.

dashrendar
Extra

My issue was completely resolved. It turned out the first technician connected the cables wrong going in and out of this new junction box or splitter or whatever. They sent another technician who knew what he was doing and corrected the cabling and cleaned up the entire setup. Now the updates work fine and a number of other issues were resolved (icons were not showing in the guide, the guide goes way farther than 2 days). I mean it works as expected right now and I'm happy. I'm just upset I wasted several days troubleshooting this.