Updated Guide software is INCREDIBLY slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Updated Guide software is INCREDIBLY slow

kjralyea
Character Actor

Generally, the guide does update overnight, but occasionally, when invoking the program guide, data is only available for the next hour or so, and only indicates "No Data" for future times, so I do a "manual" guide update. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

I will assume,based on your previous reply, that the quantity of data being downloaded is substantially significant, and that is what is taking so long. This system, however does NOT contain program data for the next 7 days....the maximum future programming I have ever been able to see is slightly less than 2 days - or 48 hours. That is a FAR CRY from 7 days - 168 hours.

Thank you for your response. My initial comment was invoked by a previous post saying they thought 30-60 seconds was excessive.

Re: Updated Guide software is INCREDIBLY slow

DISH Employee

To clarify, the guide for non-DVR receivers will go out 2 days. For all DVR receivers, the guide goes out 7-9 days. Since you have a VIP222K, 2 days sounds about right. We definitely want to make sure your equipment is working as it should. We appreciate all of your feedback! If you have any other suggestions, feel free to reach out!