Updated Guide software is INCREDIBLY slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated Guide software is INCREDIBLY slow

DavidS
Extra
WHAT is going on with the new guide software (upgraded several weeks ago)? I now have to wait literally 30 to 60 seconds for the guide to load after turning on my TV. This is WAY slower than it used to be. I've not complained loudly yet as I assumed it would be immediately fixed once users started complaining. I've seen no improvement over the past few weeks. Are we expected to just enjoy this downgrade in user experience?

I've tried responding directly to Dish, but there is no way to submit a complaint or suggestion other than the user forum (perhaps they really don't care what we think). Let's all start complaining and force an improvement!
3 Replies

Re: Updated Guide software is INCREDIBLY slow

DISH Employee
I know this change may have been unexpected, but going forward all of our new equipment will have this user interface. Unfortunately, we do not have a way to change it back to the previous interface. The previous user interface will no longer be supported, as it's built on an architecture that is now obsolete.

This is similar to any smart phone or tablet. They receive regular updates, which sometimes include a new layout, to stay current with the demands of modern technology.

If I'm able to access your account, I'd be able to see if we would be able to get you into a newer box that would better be able to support the new interface. Can you private message me the phone number associated with your account and your 4-digit PIN?

StuartS
Extra
We have had the same issue with slow response. Some days are better than others. Is there any fix other than paying for an updated receiver?

RON_AT_NCFD
Extra

Then when will my new equipment be shipped? We are days away from changing services!!!