Update to a timer will not take

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to a timer will not take

grubbsa1958
Extra

I wanted to save all events recorded for a timer.  I changed the default of 20 shows to "All Events" and it shows that it was saved.  However, when I retrieve the updated timer again, it reverts back to the default of 20 as if it did not save my update.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you!

5 Replies

Re: Update to a timer will not take

DISH Employee

Hi, grubbsa1958! What receiver model do you have? It should say on the front left side of the receiver. 

grubbsa1958
Extra

The model is HPRSLNG.

Thanks!

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information. Something we can try to do is delete the timer and set up the timer for the program through the guide instead of the seek option.

To delete a timer, please press the "DVR" button on your remote, then scroll up to "Timers", then select it. On the list of all your timers, find and highlight the specific timer you are wanting to fix, then press the "Select" button on your remote. You will see a drop down menu, then select "Delete Timer". 

Once this has been completed, exit out of the DVR menu and pull up the guide. In the guide, navigate to the channel the program is on, then highlight the program you want to record. Once you are on the program, press the "Select" button on your remote, then select "Record Series" on the drop down menu. You will see the red dot next to the program indicating it is set to record, then press the "Select" button on your remote again, then select "Edit Timer". Scroll down to "Keep", then change it to "All Events".

While on this menu, you can also change the "Record" option as well to change to record only new for example. Let us know if this helps! 

grubbsa1958
Extra

That worked like a charm! Thanks for the help.

DISH Employee

It's my pleasure! I am glad to hear it saved it this way. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!