cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Update on Netflix fix?

logdog
Visual Engineer

I thought that Hopper 3 update U522 was supposed to fix the Netflix app. My system is still freezing up and getting stuck on the Netflix splash screen with old audio in the background. Resetting and/or reloading Netflix doesn't help. Unplugging the Hopper 3 or 4 times the get Netflix working is messing up my recordings. It's been almost 9 months now. When is this going to be fixed???

Tags (3)
11 Replies

Re: Update on Netflix fix?

DISH Employee

Hi logdog, I hate to hear you are still having problems with the Netflix app. Have you tried resetting the app back to the factory defaults since the update? To do this go to menu>settings>diagnostics>tools>reset to factory defaults>reset Netflix to defaults. After you click "yes" to confirm the reset. Then try a hard reset on your Hopper box by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds. Once it boots back up, log back into the Netflix app and see if there is any change.

logdog
Visual Engineer

Please reread my post. I already stated that resetting the app did not help. I have tried this multiple times including just yesterday. Now when are we going to see this 9 month old issue resolved? No canned answers please...

DISH Employee

Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code so I can submit this to our engineering department?

logdog
Visual Engineer

I was told on this forum by Dish employees 5 months ago and as recently as 2 weeks ago that your engineering team was working on this issue. Now you need a PM to submit this to engineering? I will send the PM but I wonder now if anyone has really been looking into this.

By the way, I checked the box to email me when someone replies but that didn't work when you sent your reply. This is not the first time and I've reported that before.

logdog
Visual Engineer

After a dozen or so PMs with ReyU, he suggested doing a partial H3 reset. It was a pain because a lot of settings were lost in the process but it seems to have resolved the Netflix issue (fingers crossed). I've been watching Netflix every day for a week now with no problems. Thanks ReyU...

logdog
Visual Engineer

@logdog wrote:

After a dozen or so PMs with ReyU, he suggested doing a partial H3 reset. It was a pain because a lot of settings were lost in the process but it seems to have resolved the Netflix issue (fingers crossed). I've been watching Netflix every day for a week now with no problems. Thanks ReyU...

Netflix app is NOT FIXED. Same old problem occurred last night... stuck on splash screen with previous channel audio. Had to unplug and wait for reboot which also disrupts current recordings.

And now there is a new twist. After I exited Netflix, all I got was a black screen. DVR button worked but any recording I selected gave me a black screen. I couldn't even view a live broadcast. Had to reboot again.

DISH Employee

Hello, Logdog. I hate to hear that those steps were not successful. We do advise these steps as a work around, but they are not successful all the time. We already have our Engineering Team hard at work to resolve this issue. At this time, we doing have a timeline when it will be resolved. Thank you for your patience as we work towards a solution. 

parabians
Extra

CalebS, I have the same problem when accessing Netflix on ch 370 or using the voice control.  Did the resets and all of that. As I've read these related threads, it reflects poorly on Dish to take almost a year to at least say there is a timeline, which you did.  But you didn't say what it was - please provide that.  It leaves Dish looking like we are just getting told something without commitment so we'll go away and that this must not be important to your Engineers or to your Management.  This would get the IT people where I worked in the unemployment line.  Someone there needs to take charge and not ignore bona fide customer issues.

DISH Employee

Hello, parabians. I do apologize for the misunderstanding. We don't actually have an timeline as of , when we will be resolving the issue with Netflix getting stuck with Audio from the previous channel playing. I know this is an extremely frustrating and inconvenient issue. This is something that our Engineering team has been working on for a while, and I know it's a priority to fix. At this time, we just haven't received communication when the fix will be put out.