Unreliable Hopper Timers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unreliable Hopper Timers

MarcyC
Character Actor

I did what you suggested. We'll see if it works! Thanks.

DISH Employee

Sounds good, MarcyC. Please let us know if that did the trick. 

Linda272
Extra

I started having problems with the DVR a couple of months ago after my internet connection was out for 10 days. The guide eventually updated but the first program I set for a timer did not record.  It has since happened 3 other times, including today when I clearly set a timer for an afternoon show when I was away. When I returned, the show had not recorded, though it was listed in the recurring timers schedule for today--but when I clicked on the timer, it showed that a timer had been set for 4/08 for the same show--even though the daily schedule clearly shows 4/03, today's date!!!

How do I fix this? Or is it still a known DISH problem?

DISH Employee

That's so frustrating, Linda272! Are these manual timers (through the Guide) that are having the issue, or like a seek and record timers?

Linda272
Extra

Manual timers through the Guide. It's more than frustrating--I'm paying for this service and it's not performing and I've missed programming important to me.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Linda272, you had mentioned that the guide eventually updated, but the receiver did not record one show. Can you give me more details on that? Were you seeing something like "no info available" on the guide at that time? 

Linda272
Extra

Hi Christina,

No--I didn't receive a message like that--I believe it just said "guide has not been updated." But that is when the trouble started and the guide has been regularly updating since then (mid-Feb.). There have been three other shows that did not record since then--somewhat randomly. One is a recurring Mon-Fri. show on CBS; the one just two days ago is a recurring daily show on MSNBC.

I see in this thread that others have been having this same trouble for over a year. It seems to be related to software associated with the guide updating. When will this problem be fixed? And if there's supposed to be something I can do from this end--why haven't I been notified?

DISH Employee

If the issue is with the software, our Tech Ops team will be able to locate the issue and create a fix for the issue. The fix will then be sent out in a nightly update. Typically, we don't notify when this update occurs, since it may or may not be happening on every receiver. But we try to fix these issues as quickly as possible. 

You mentioned that three other shows have been having this issue. How often would you say that these programs have had issues recording? 

PatriciaC
Character Actor

So it isn't just me.  I've had issues in the past, but it seems to be getting worse. I've recreated from scratch the same timer 3 or 4 times now.  Each time it appears it will record future shows, but hours later I check and nope, the timer isn't working.  Ugh,  guess I will have to place a call tomorrow.  So frustrating.

MarcyC
Character Actor

I too am still having problems with the Hopper dropping/skipping pre-programmed shows, PARTICULARLY ON FOX NEWS NETWORK. Each week, I have to check the program schedule and then go into the timer for each show and check the show schedule to see if the program has been lined through (so it doesn't record). That is very frustrating!!!!!!!!