Unannounced Reboot To Run System Check

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unannounced Reboot To Run System Check

MJP734
Extra
How can I have this issue checked on my Hopper? Same problem - no notice, screen goes blank and then the message about a system check. Beyond annoying.

DISH Employee

Oh, no! We definitely hate to hear you experiencing this, and understand how frustrating this reboot can be. Will you send a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, for us to access your account, please? 

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

RCOL1
Extra
Stock answer, that is what I was told months ago. I would cancel my account, but the others are worse.

shron70
Character Actor

i turned off "inactivity timeout"...and have not had these issues since...and i still recieved an update..

Highlighted

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

@shron70 

How long ago did you turn it off?

@shron70 wrote:

i turned off "inactivity timeout"...and have not had these issues since...and i still recieved an update..

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

Well...here we go again!

For the last three days the "System Update" pop up window has appeared at various times during daytime hours (after 7am) and if stopped it then keeps showing up every hour or so until you let it update and after that then it's just fine until the next day. Of course if you miss the pop up with the option to delay then you lose what you were watching while it goes ahead and updates.

I, once again, checked the settings and the update is still scheduled to happen between 3 and 4am, the last recording ends at 11:35pm and there is nothing in the scheduled recordings, after 11:35pm, until later the next day.

I haven't changed any settings or had this happen since August (I first started this thread in March and it continued to be an issue until August when it just got well all by itself) but it's started happening again, for no reason, and this is now day three.

Paul Smiley Frustrated

DISH Employee

Hello KachinaShadow. If you're still experiencing this issue, we ask that you reach out to us via private message so we can do some troubleshooting. 

Here are -step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

dctsjb1
Extra

KimberlyH,  Please add my name to the list of customers being affected by the 1599 issue.  My TV seems to have this issue about 9:30 in the morning and it is happening most mornings.  It does not give any warning and has just one reboot and does not repeat.  I have no external hard drives, so that is not my problem.  After the reboot the receiver does not return to watching TV.  Instead I get a message "Press SAT button on your remote to watch TV".  After I press the SAT button my TV is returned to the channel I was watching but if I had backed up on that channel so I could zip through Ads that is all lost.  I am retired so I am normally watching news channels in the morning and this 1599 error is completely disrupting my TV watching.

DISH Employee

Hey dctsjb1! I will be happy to go ahead and submit a report that you are also experiencing this error message. 

Can you send me a private message with your phone number so that I can tag your account with this report?