cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unannounced Reboot To Run System Check

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

PhoenixM

If I happen to catch that message flying by again I'll definitely get back to you with that number

Paul

DISH Employee

Thank you!

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

UPDATE...

At 9:30 AM (Pacific Time) this morning a message popped up on the screen saying that it was ready to "UPDATE" the Dish receiver and gave me a choice of allowing it to proceed or it said that to change the time at which updates are done click the "power settings" button which I did and, of course, it already showed that I had the time for updates set to begin at 2 AM.

So why, if I had already set updates to begin after 2 AM, is it trying to do a receiver update at 9:30 in the morning???

Sorry, I did not notice any number on the message itself since the wife had called me into the room and I hurriedly resolved the issue so that her show would not be interrupted...that would be known as self preservation Smiley LOL

Paul

DISH Employee

Hello KachinaShadow! Normally, the receiver does not give you an option to delay the updates if they are not done properly at the scheduled time; it usually just starts without a way to stop it. It's possible that this is a different type of update separate from the nightly ones.

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

@PaolaR wrote:

Hello KachinaShadow! Normally, the receiver does not give you an option to delay the updates if they are not done properly at the scheduled time; it usually just starts without a way to stop it. It's possible that this is a different type of update separate from the nightly ones.

So if this is the case then why does it give me an option to "change your daily reset time" by selecting "Power Settings"?

While I was writing this it just did it again...a little more than an hour from the last time that I had just posted. This time I actually got a picture of the on screen message title "UPDATES READY" "514b".

If you need to see that picture and tell me how to upload that image, I'll do so.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

While it can sometimes give you the option to delay the start of the nightly updates, it is not common. This code in particular that you are getting will continue to pop up until the updates are done. Do you have anything scheduled within 30 minutes to an hour of your update window?

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

@PaolaR wrote:

While it can sometimes give you the option to delay the start of the nightly updates, it is not common. This code in particular that you are getting will continue to pop up until the updates are done. Do you have anything scheduled within 30 minutes to an hour of your update window?

If you're referring to the 2 AM update time that I have set in the system then no. Last night there was a recording scheduled from 10 to 11 PM and the next scheduled recording was this morning from 5 to 6 AM...nothing that would have stopped or delayed the scheduled update so I'm puzzled as to why this is trying to do this update this morning at 9:30 and 10:30 AM.

DISH Employee

We don't have a definite answer as to why your equipment isn't updating at the scheduled time, and as my colleagues mentioned a few days ago, we've forwarded this on to our engineering team to investigate further. Hopefully they are able to find a resolution soon.

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

@PaolaR wrote:

We don't have a definite answer as to why your equipment isn't updating at the scheduled time, and as my colleagues mentioned a few days ago, we've forwarded this on to our engineering team to investigate further. Hopefully they are able to find a resolution soon.

No problem...maybe you could also forward this to them as it may be of some help in the overall issue.

Thanks,
Paul

KachinaShadow
Audio Engineer

@PaolaR 

Just to let you know... for the remainder of yesterday the system continued to try and update whenever there was a period of time when there weren't any scheduled recordings but we were in the middle of movies so I told it not to. Aparrently, after I went to bed at 1:30 AM, it was able to perform the update.

I will update with any new info on the issue

@Jason_C 

Got your PM about looking at my box and will be sending you the info shortly.

Paul