Unable to play some of our DVR recordings

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to play some of our DVR recordings

RayLPghPA
Character Actor

They're regular records and not in the Trash folder.  If they were in the Trash folder, they wouldn't be listed in the 'Recordings' tab.  When I select one to view, the Episode and Availability fields are blan.  In the Watched field, the blue boxes are displayed until they eventually stop searching.

DISH Employee

What percentage is your DVR at?

RayLPghPA
Character Actor

3%

DISH Employee

To verify, the recordings are there, but you are unable to select a specific one to view it? For example, you may have multiple recordings on the same show. When you click on the tile for the show, you would normally see 10 episodes. When you click on the tile for the show, all of those records are missing. Is that correct? 

RayLPghPA
Character Actor
Yes, that’s correct. If you have any more questions, please send them all at the same time. Thiis has taken way too long.

DISH Employee

Thanks! This is not a current know issue, but it sounds like we might have to send you out a new receiver. Feel free to send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to set this up. 

Here is a link with step-by-step instructions to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What happens if you highlight the tile and just hit the play button?

RayLPghPA
Character Actor

I think I've already said this but just in case...  The titles for the missing recordings are not dispayed.  After selecting the recorded event I want to watch, the fields beneath both the 'episode' and 'availability' are blank.  The field beneath 'watched' does one of two things: (1) Displays the message 'No Episodes Available' or (2) Displays the ten blue boxes (scanning left to right) until they time out and the display returns to the 'Recordings' screen.

prplchkj
Camera Crew

This has been happening to me for a while, but the behavior has changed so I'm adding to this thread.

Problem:  When I go to the DVR page and pick a show, the system will hang on the 'working' screen (that bar of several small squares).

This has been happening to random recordings for months. Usually, I woult his Back Button, then re-select the show I wanted to play and I would see the list of episodes.

Now, the system hangs indefinitely.  It has been different sets of shows - over the months, but if happens to one, it will always happen to that show.  I do NOT see a connection with regards to how old the recording is.  Currently, one of the hangs was recorded 3 days ago and another several weeks ago.

Side note, if I go to my iPad and watch through the Dish Anywhere app it plays fine. So, I assume the data ise fine.

I'm running on a Hopper 3.

System Version: U535 4/24/2019, 11:53 am

Boot Strap Version: 1012

Application Software: AN365b

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thank you for the addition feedback on on this issue. It will definitely assist our Engineering Team in determining the cause and finding a permanent solution.