Unable to delete viewed recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete viewed recording

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
On my Hopper with Sling, I manually set up a recording for a movie on Encore yesterday. After it had been recording for about 30 minutes, I went into the DVR list and started watching the movie from the start. When I reached the end of the movie, it didn't give me the normal options to Delete, DVR, Live TV, etc. It just showed that it was paused. If I hit play, it would back up a couple of seconds then pause again. If I hit 'Stop', nothing happened at all. The only way I could get out of that screen was to change channels.

When I went back to the DVR list to remove the recording, it showed that it was still recording (well after the program ended). I had the option to Stop Recording, but nothing happened when I selected it. I even attempted to remove the recording from one of the Joeys last night, but it still showed to be recording. This morning I was finally able to remove the recording, likely due to the automatic restart at 1am freeing it up.

Is this another bug in the new software?
3 Replies

Re: Unable to delete viewed recording

DISH Employee
It is possible. Was the recording itself longer than the scheduled time as well? Would it be possible to try and see if this can be duplicated? I will try it on my end as well, but more eyes is always better.

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
Tommy F. wrote:
It is possible. Was the recording itself longer than the scheduled time as well? Would it be possible to try and see if this can be duplicated? I will try it on my end as well, but more eyes is always better.

The only extension to the recording time would be the timer default of adding an extra five minutes for shows that run long. In this case, since it was on Encore, the show ended on time and the recording should have stopped after the additional time. The Hopper did not have the record light turned off after it was complete, however the DVR list did continue to show the record icon on the movie until after the nightly reset.

I can attempt to test again tomorrow.

DISH Employee
If it happens again from your test, send me a PM with the account or phone #, along with the software version on your receiver, so I can get it sent along to our operations team.