Unable to create timers error 1281

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to create timers error 1281

DISH Employee

Mr_Tact, you are able to send a Private Message to any member listed as a DISH Employee, and we will be able to receive your message. Thanks!

aj
Character Actor

I just replaced Dirctv with Dish and am having this problem on my first try to set a timer in the future for a program that is found on a search. It is for a program on PBS called California's Gold and California's Golden Parks. It fails with 1281 on both. Why? Brand new installation with Hopper 3. Why? I see these issues going on for YEARS! I can't believe that. Why? What is the best way to have this addressed?

aj
Character Actor

It's not that I can't create ANY timers. I can create them for any program in the current listing. I cannot search on a program name, find it, then set a future timer for a future program that is not in the current listing.... I think. It's like I have to wait for that program to hit the listings and then and only then can I set a timer for it. Not good.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, aj. We hate to hear that you're experiencing this type of issue! Are you only having this issue on the local PBS or are you noticing this on multiple channels?

aj
Character Actor

@JakeB wrote:

Good afternoon, aj. We hate to hear that you're experiencing this type of issue! Are you only having this issue on the local PBS or are you noticing this on multiple channels?

Well let me answer your question with a question. Shouldn't I have the opportunity to set a timer to record on "all and any" channels that program might be aired on? I see that happening for other timers... they are set to record a particular program on "all channels."

Highlighted

DISH Employee

To make sure we know exactly what is going on, are you getting the error message 1281 when you set up the recording for California's Gold and California's Golden Parks? If not, when you select "record all" on the Edit Timer section, is it just not recording the shows?

aj
Character Actor

I can't recreate the 1281 failure. It fails differently now. Here's what happens now. I use manual search to find "Californias Gold" or" Californias Golden Parks." It finds both. I select either and both times it says, "No episodes available" and ends there. No 1281 now. The search finds them both, but says "No episodes available".

I tried a voice command:  "Search California's Gold" and it found it and presented an icon at the bottom. I was able to select the icon and set a timer. I then tried manual search for the same program that I just set a timer for, "Califlornias Gold." It finds it. I select it from the list at the right and it says "No episodes available", but shows a selectable "Edit Timer" button, because one was already set via voice search.

I tried the same voice command:  "Search California's Golden Parks" and only get "Oops. We didn't catch that." That is consistent. I use the same voice command, "Search California's Gold", and it finds it and presents an icon at the bottom, even though a manual search returns "No episodes available."

Well, it was consistent for a while. Now to a voice command "Search California's Golden Parks" it shows it understands the words by repeating them at the bottom, but then says "Sorry, I can't do that on this device." It's no longer, "We didn't catch that." "Search Californias Gold" (the other program) returns me a selectable icon at the bottom.

The voice search for the two programs works differently. One fails every time. One succeeds every time. Both state "No episodes available" on a manual search. Sheesh...

aj
Character Actor

Today, and so far tonight, it's not failing at all... not a single time! ????????????????????? 

CherokeeB
Extra

I'm currently unable to set any timer for any show after 7pm on 9/24. My guide on my TV will not show anything from 7pm on, on the 24th. I go on mobile or online and try to set a timer and I get errors. 

DISH Employee

Hi there, CherokeeB! I hate to hear that you are getting an error with that timer. I'd like to take a closer look at your equipment and account details to see what could be going on. Can you please send me your phone number and 4 digit security code in a private message? 

You can find the How-To on sending private messages here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039