Unable to create new recordings since U344

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create new recordings since U344

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
I woke up this morning to U344 on my H3 - and the inability to create any new timers/recordings. A few days ago, my 150 + timers became useless - all of the "Red Dots" in my Program Guide (indications of up-coming recordings) had disappeared and nothing new was recording.
I was told to create "One Time" recordings while they figured this out. Now I can't even do THAT!
This H3 has become close to useless - I may as well just watch live TV.
ADDENDUM: I just discovered that programs from previously created timers did NOT record today - even though the time has come and gone, they still show "To Be Recorded"
What the???
11 Replies

Re: Unable to create new recordings since U344

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
As I look further, it keeps getting worse - now I find that recordings that indicate they should be occurring are NOT!
The "Red Dot" is in the Program Guide, but that is all - there are NO recordings occurring - I have absolutely NOTHING new since this U344 piece of..... (pardon) downloaded - NOTHING. NO recordings. If this is only MY problem, I need a new box.

stile99
Cinematographer
xfoneguy50 wrote:
If this is only MY problem, I need a new box.

You know it isn't, you've posted in the other threads about this issue. Replacing the box isn't going to fix a software issue, the new box would have the same software.

hirot
Extra
I have U343 but same problem since this morning.
Tried to record live show cause Timer creation Failed 1281.
Cannot add now timer (Timer creation Failed 1281).
Seems schedule timer time is stopped since last night because I can see past skipped show is still in scheduled to recording.

I tried unscrew coax cable and power down 30 sec trick but still not working.

Dish please fix it ASAP.

tommyy2
Visual Engineer
stile99 wrote:
xfoneguy50 wrote:
If this is only MY problem, I need a new box.

You know it isn't, you've posted in the other threads about this issue. Replacing the box isn't going to fix a software issue, the new box would have the same software.

More than once I've seen software updates that worked fine on some boxes and really badly on others. Seems like there must have been changes made to the box (different components) which were not supposed make any difference but apparently did. How many versions of the Hopper3 have been made is a well kept secret.

Do you believe the latest Hopper3 has the exact same components as the first Hopper3?

If a software update turned my Hopper into a boat anchor I'd want a replacement that worked ASAP.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I would do a complete full reset from the diagnostic menu. Removing the cable and powering down the Hopper doesn't clear out any memory settings or configurations. Forcing a reset will do this.

If the reset doesn't work, then I recommend that you phone contact DISH support and get it figured out.

hirot wrote:
I have U343 but same problem since this morning.
Tried to record live show cause Timer creation Failed 1281.
Cannot add now timer (Timer creation Failed 1281).
Seems schedule timer time is stopped since last night because I can see past skipped show is still in scheduled to recording.

I tried unscrew coax cable and power down 30 sec trick but still not working.

Dish please fix it ASAP.

stevenmac1956
Costume Designer
Bad News Only time will fix 1281, 18+ hours from Failure and ends with USB Device Added Flag
This is to just get recordings for timers you already have.

Disappeared Schedule and timers came be brought back by a power reset

hirot
Extra
Thanks for advice.

My 1281 problem is fixed by itself when PrimeTime anytime recording started.
From DVR schedule, problem started when PrimeTime anytime ended day before.
I lost all scheduled recordings between PrimeTime anytime.

Seems to me this is software issue and hope above info will help fix the problem.

zeus61
Extra
I have U343 and have had all sorts of issues since it installed; however yesterday I had the problem of all timers being skipped and I could not even record the show I was watching. Got error 1281.

After doing the standard "unplug and plug", it started recording and I could now record a live show; except that PTAT was still not recording.

I called Dish and they transferred me to Tier 2 and they had me do a Partial System Reset. This "supposedly" will take care of the problem with the 1281. From what I was told, they are receiving a whole lot of calls about this issue and even the person I spoke to said they were worried as to what they'd find was wrong on their H3 when they got home.

The other problems I've had since U343 are the Bluetooth un-pairing every night, tiles on the guide not showing up, screen flashes black several times after start up, response from Joeys is very very slow and a couple of other things. CSR person told me that they were aware of all of these issues and that there was an update that is supposed to fix these coming "soon".

Lets see what happens tonight.

Pashurden
Extra
I too am unable set timers. Started when tech support had me do a partial restore to factory settings. This was because anytime I try to watch Sci-fi my receiver would reset on its own. The partial restore was in an attempt to stop that. After the partial restore I can no longer see my DVR recordings or set timers, nor are my timers that I had set working. I was told by dish tech that this inability to set timers is a software problem and they are working on a fix. I call BS since except for the trouble with Sci-fi, everything worked fine before the partial restore . As it is now this box is useless, as we only watch TV using the DVR. We don't watch live TV. We are trying to do the restore again, but it's been in the software download for the better part of an hour now. Any suggestions?