USB Ext Drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Ext Drive

nohelp
Extra
Recently my Hopper has been acting up by restarting on it's own occasionally. Dish says they will replace it but I have 79 record settings in the TIMER folder. I was told only tv shows already recorded can be transferred via the ext HD. So as I did when I went from a regular DVR to the Hopper I hand written down all those titles, day, times and channels on a piece paper to reenter them. That's problematic cause only the current ones I can setup and the shows that run in the fall, winter etc. I will have to remember to add them when they about to premier the new season. They should be able to DL that Timer folder as a option....ridiculous!! Unless I am missing another way to do it,,,,am I?!? After 8 years of dumb stuff like this and rising bills I ready for a change.
Tags (3)
3 Replies

Re: USB Ext Drive

If you are going from a Hopper to a Hopper the timers are backed up using the remote. If a different DVR there would be no way to restore them
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

nohelp
Extra
Matt G wrote:
If you are going from a Hopper to a Hopper the timers are backed up using the remote. If a different DVR there would be no way to restore them

I was told the same from technical support. It is Hopper to Hopper but can't be done unless the software are exactly the same. So I have to upload the newest software which I am doing now. In the thirty minutes it will take I should be ok. How the remote can be setup to remember all 79 timers is news and a mystery to me but that's for another time and thread....Thank you!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
nohelp wrote:
Matt G wrote:

I was told the same from technical support. It is Hopper to Hopper but can't be done unless the software are exactly the same. So I have to upload the newest software which I am doing now. In the thirty minutes it will take I should be ok. How the remote can be setup to remember all 79 timers is news and a mystery to me but that's for another time and thread....Thank you!

Once it is up, press and hold the zero key and you should be able to restore settings.