cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

U522 just made my Hopper 3 Unusable

tommyy2
Visual Engineer

Went to watch dish and found everything is many times larger then it should be, i/e DVR screen should show shows five accross but they are so big you can only display 3 1/2 accross and have to pan to the right to see the rest.

Watching live TV seems correct but all dish menues, and screens are too bad to wqaste my time trying to navigate them.

Pulled the plug reboot still bad.

I did eventually find that U522 had just arrived.

For me right now my Hopper 3 is now as useful as a boat anchor.

13 Replies

Re: U522 just made my Hopper 3 Unusable

tommyy2
Visual Engineer

Just talked to Dish support (Heather?), she walked me to menu>settings>accessability>magnification and turned it off.

I never even knew it was an option and have to wonder how U522 had turned it on.

Anyways all's well now thanx to HEATHER.

DISH Employee

Hello, Tommyy2. That is really odd that it turned on after an update. This is something that you would normally have to turn on yourself. I will forward your feedback to see if there is something that could be causing it. I am so happy that Heather was able to walk you through how to turn it off! I hope your enjoying your experience with the Hopper 3 much better now!

KachinaShadow
Costume Designer

I've noticed something that has happened a dozen or so times since the U522 update.

When you choose something from the DVR menu and select "watch" the small preview window in the upper right corner of the screen (which shows the program that's on when you are in any other screen) stays there, the rest of the screen is black and the program that you just selected to "watch" starts playing in the tiny preview window.

The only way to fix this is to once again go to the DVR screen, which does open in full screen, and re-select that program and start over...it is now in full screen as it should be.

DISH Employee

KachinaShadow, Do you notice if this is only happening when you select a program from the DVR? Is there a slow response or a black screen when selecting a channel from the guide at all? 

KachinaShadow
Costume Designer
@KarolenaP wrote:

KachinaShadow, Do you notice if this is only happening when you select a program from the DVR? Is there a slow response or a black screen when selecting a channel from the guide at all? 

So far I've only noticed it on the EHD's. Both are WD 2TB My Book USB 3.0 drives and one is 29% full, the other 38% full.

Doesn't do it on the guide, the Hopper 3 internal DVR or other menus but, like I said, it's only done this a dozen or so times so it isn't definitive as to the specifics. I'll post again if it keeps doing it or things change at all.

Could have nothing to do with U522...maybe just my bad luck Smiley Happy

DISH Employee

KachinaShadown, please keep us posted if you experience this issue again. If you do, reach back out to us so that we can take a further look into this for you. 

KachinaShadow
Costume Designer

LatrishaR

Thank You, I'll provide as much detail as I can when (or if) this happens again.

Paul

KachinaShadow
Costume Designer

This is still happening on both of my EHD's and there's no definitive pattern or circumstance when this happens...totally random.

It's interesting that it only seems to happen when accessing the EHD's from the Hopper 3 but not from the Joey.

I'm now on U526 so it looks like it was around the time of U522 when this started as prior to that I never had the problem.

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear that you hear still having problems. I'd be pleased to help. Can you please provide me with your phone number and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?