U344 has reuined my H3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: U344 has reuined my H3

xfoneguy50 wrote:
Went to bed last night with U341 on my H3 - woke up to U344 this morning... now I am unable to create new recordings in any manner from the Guide. This is a real pain! It's one of the main/basic functions of the darn thing. Without that ability I'm just watching TV - whatever happens to be on (or previously created recordings).

On top of that, some have suggested a "Factory Reset"?? I can't even do that!! I select the icon, and it just sits there looking at me. Eventually it times out and goes back to whatever I was watching.

Many windows/screens no longer have the appropriate icons, but just a black square with a red "DISH" in the center? And when listing "episodes", the names/titles are now blank. "Airing Date" is there, but no name.

It seems like I spent this money for a reason, but I can't remember what that was........

Please do a Partial Reset. This is different than factory defaults reset. Menu > Menu > Tools > reset fact defaults > PARTIAL reset
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

RickObe
Visual Engineer
If they are well aware of the problems, I sure hope that they have terminated the distribution of U344. That's the purpose of staggered distribution after all.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
relatively minor in comparison, however, I notice this morning that I no longer have any "Cast" info (the "mini-biography for actors in the recording)

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Matt G wrote:
xfoneguy50 wrote:
Went to bed last night with U341 on my H3 - woke up to U344 this morning... now I am unable to create new recordings in any manner from the Guide. This is a real pain! It's one of the main/basic functions of the darn thing. Without that ability I'm just watching TV - whatever happens to be on (or previously created recordings).

On top of that, some have suggested a "Factory Reset"?? I can't even do that!! I select the icon, and it just sits there looking at me. Eventually it times out and goes back to whatever I was watching.

Many windows/screens no longer have the appropriate icons, but just a black square with a red "DISH" in the center? And when listing "episodes", the names/titles are now blank. "Airing Date" is there, but no name.

It seems like I spent this money for a reason, but I can't remember what that was........

Please do a Partial Reset. This is different than factory defaults reset. Menu > Menu > Tools > reset fact defaults > PARTIAL reset

Tried "Partial" early on - no help. I am getting random reboots and lockups as well. Nothing set to record is recording. This thing is USELESS to us.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
Seems like I SHOULD be able to do a "Factory Reset" anyway but I can't - it won't do it. I may as well be using my roof antenna as the box is doing absolutely nothing.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
after trying "partial reset" again, I have a "downloading Hopper software" screen that I have never seen before - will see what happens.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
looks like i am recording again - at least for now.