stevenmac1956
Costume Designer
Do not use Guide

Do not create Timers

May help keep H3 going until Fix
10 Replies

Re: U344 Important

DISH Employee
This is something I am personally looking into here in our DISH offices. I do need to know a few more things from you! Is this happening on the Hopper 3 (H3) or a Joey about the;
Guide Issues
Do not Create timers

avjohnnie
Character Actor
Mike H. wrote:
This is something I am personally looking into here in our DISH offices. I do need to know a few more things from you! Is this happening on the Hopper 3 (H3) or a Joey about the;
Guide Issues
Do not Create timers

I have an H3 and two 4K-Joeys. The current H3 is a replacement for the original that was installed by Dish a year ago (March 1st) along with the 4K-Joeys. The first H3's front-panel USB port never worked correctly (intermittently). That H3 was eventually replaced (via DIY ship-out) on December 16th.

As for the issues being reported (for me anyway,) happen regardless of which of the three Dish devices are being used - the result is exactly the same.

stevenmac1956
Costume Designer
Use of Guide will always result in a shutdown
Two types of shutdown
1) Will internal reset
2) Needs Power Reset

One will also result in loss of recording ability

Which will reset after 12 +or - hours, Nothing you can do.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
stevenmac1956 wrote:
Do not use Guide

Do not create Timers

May help keep H3 going until Fix

Use of Guide will always result in a shutdown
Two types of shutdown
1) Will internal reset
2) Needs Power Reset

One will also result in loss of recording ability

Which will reset after 12 +or - hours, Nothing you can do.

LOL !! no issues here. just using the guide , to look for shows ?? yep, works here.

stevenmac1956
Costume Designer
Time to Failure is not constant watched myself

You are being very Lucky
When the TV insert starts to goes black and comes back look out

avjohnnie
Character Actor
JSracer wrote:

LOL !! no issues here. just using the guide , to look for shows ?? yep, works here.

"LOL"? Yup - I'm sure that's why people with issues come here - to be ridiculed by the likes of people such as you... Thanks for letting us all officially know that there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with anyone's H3, and that those whom think otherwise are obviously insane to believe so.

Oh, and thanks too for helping me to make up my mind about leaving Dish after 15+ years of being a constant top-tier subscriber and top-tier Dish equipment utilizer.

Just curious to know "friend" - How long have you been a loyal Dish customer?

Moderators - Please take a hard and fast lesson for permitting unchecked trolling on your company forums.

Goodbye...

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Experiences seen by others are not totally indicative of what others seen or point to being a problem with the software update. There are many factors in troubleshooting what the actual problem is. Some users see issues more than others or some users may not experience the same problems.

Forum Users need provide forum posts with more and complete details of issues they have so all forum users and feed back help can help identify the real issue and determine if the problem can be fixed at the forum level or if more directly DISH support is needed. Don't expect much help and information you just come to complain about a problem with out explaining what is really going on. Users should be encouraged to phone support as well while getting help here in the forums so DISH can be made aware of problems that crop up. DISH is very active and responsive on helping there customers find and fix there problems. Some problems may take a while longer to fix as I presume there is more to just making configuration changes.

I've been a DISH customer since 2000 and been working well for me. Aside a few problems which I have noted here in the forums which has been fixed. The hopper as worked well for my needs since upgrading to it after it first came out. I can't provide any experiences on U344 as of yet as I have not been upgraded to it.

If users are experiencing bad behavior with updates, and after doing a Full Factory resets on the Hopper/Joeys and the problems continue, always phone support and get immediate help. There maybe problems that forum help just can't fix where phone support or on site support can.

Good Luck.

hddn
Visual Engineer
avjohnnie wrote:
"LOL"? Yup - I'm sure that's why people with issues come here - to be ridiculed by the likes of people such as you...

Sometimes it's hard to know for sure in a text format, but I thought the OP's post was meant to be read in a humorous/sarcastic kind of way. Ie: Hey, the new update is great - as long as you don't try to use it!

JSracer
Audio Engineer
avjohnnie wrote:
JSracer wrote:

"LOL"? Yup - I'm sure that's why people with issues come here - to be ridiculed by the likes of people such as you... Thanks for letting us all officially know that there is absolutely no problem whatsoever with anyone's H3, and that those whom think otherwise are obviously insane to believe so.

Oh, and thanks too for helping me to make up my mind about leaving Dish after 15+ years of being a constant top-tier subscriber and top-tier Dish equipment utilizer.

Just curious to know "friend" - How long have you been a loyal Dish customer?

Moderators - Please take a hard and fast lesson for permitting unchecked trolling on your company forums.

Goodbye...

well, i'm not trolling, the OP said don't use guide, don't use timers, nothing else offered up, nothing about what was attempted to correct the issue, how, when, how long. were any resets attempted, partial, factory, master ?? cord pulled, red button reset ?? hopper or joey, just no information.
i thought it was kinda funny, no information, just good luck and don't use it, right ??

Thinking were not "friends" but how long have i been a loyal top tier dish customer , hmm easily 15+ years, and if my comment made you leave, Later !!