U341

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U341

tomrazorback
Extra
I noticed that my Hopper 3 had downloaded the latest software (U341) yesterday afternoon. Is this the fix that was coming out for it to be able to read the recordings on external Hard Drives recorded on previous receivers before upgrading to Hopper3? Mine is still doing the same thing, It recognizes I have attached an external Hard drive but wants to reformat it which would destroy all previous recordings. Which is not what I want because I have quite a few sports programs that will not be re-broadcast but is beginning to seem to be the likely outcome. If I had known this, I would have never upgraded to the Hopper 3 It's very frustrating.
6 Replies

Re: U341

JSracer
Audio Engineer
my ehd came from my 722k and works fine with 336 and 341 now no mention of a reformat.
there is a spin up black screen, have to hit dvr and repeat the process for selecting a show on the ehd.334 did not see the hard drive

not sure how good you are with computers, there was a walkthrough repairing a damaged partition i used a few times with my 622 722. no data was lost.
was a problem with a superblock on the drive, (couple keyboard clicks and it was good again)

tomrazorback
Extra
I am more than fine with computers, thanks for the info. Do you have a link to the walk through? I will give that a try.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Contact a Dish rep (send a PM to a name in orange) & see if they can send a "hit" to your EHD - all 3 of mine were used on previous receivers & are now recognized. Hopefully they can get yours working again.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
tomrazorback wrote:
I am more than fine with computers, thanks for the info. Do you have a link to the walk through? I will give that a try.

The guide was on a board, but can't seem to find it now. 401 from Satellite guys
It was running Linux, doing a scan, restoring the superblock,
I'll do some digging around. It was for the 622 if that helps with your searching.
I had it happen a few times in the past. No harm trying, since it does some checks

If the receiver sees the drive, a hit will do nothing.
Highlighted

JSracer
Audio Engineer

jcanavera
Character Actor
On our Hopper 3 we noted yesterday that the sources icon was missing, then noticed we had gotten U341 earlier overnight. I did a front panel reset of the Hopper and upon restart the sources icon was back and the EHD i s accessible. Never have had any issues with the EHD prior.

Jack