U341 - another update, another thing breaks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: U341 - another update, another thing breaks

zeus61
Extra
I also have the issue that all of my Bluetooth devices are "forgotten" every time I turn on my H3, after U341 was installed.

Have to "find" and "pair" them each time.

So far, nothing else seems out of whack.

DISH Employee
The DISH engineering team is aware of this symptom, (were the Bluetooth devices are being clear after reboot/reset). We have an open ticket on this and are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
JessS wrote:
The DISH engineering team is aware of this symptom, (were the Bluetooth devices are being clear after reboot/reset). We have an open ticket on this and are working to have this resolved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Thanks. Info for the ticket... it clears the Bluetooth memory every night, without a user-prompted reset or reboot. Whatever reset happens overnight results in cleared Bluetooth memory. Since I use my BT headphones every day, re-pairing them is now an every day chore.

seanmh72
Camera Crew
JessS wrote:

This is obviously a loaded question, but when did the DISH engineering team become aware of the problem? Was it before or after they launched this update?

Community Manager
Community Manager
seanmh72 wrote:
JessS wrote:

This is obviously a loaded question, but when did the DISH engineering team become aware of the problem? Was it before or after they launched this update?

Customer service agents, such as those monitoring this forum, would not be privy to that information.

logdog
Visual Engineer
RickObe wrote:
stile99 wrote:

You're the lucky one then. Mine completely loses all Bluetooth devices. Period. Before re-pairing, I have to go to Find Devices first.

I guess I [b:33pz99jf][u:33pz99jf]was[/u:33pz99jf][/b:33pz99jf] lucky. Not anymore.

Mine does both. Some days I only have to re-pair and some days I have to re-find before I can re-pair. Really frustrating when I'm in Netflix and have to back all the way out to get to my Bluetooth settings.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Just to clarify, since U341, I have to both find the device and then pair it each and every time.

logdog
Visual Engineer
I also use my Bluetooth every night and every night I have to re-pair and/or re-find since U341. Last night, I had to re-find and re-pair. Then at around midnight while I was listening on Bluetooth, the sound cut out. I checked settings and found that Bluetooth had unpaired on it's own while in use. It would not let me re-pair. I tried unpair but then it wouldn't find my device. I had to reboot the H3 and go through the find and pair all over again for the second time that night. Beyond frustrating...

Schirmer83
Extra
So many issues with the latest forced update:
-Manual recordings won't play if there is more than 1.
-My recording settings changed without notice (for example, I had all sports recordings set up to record an extra hour; screwed me over for the Super Bowl since was I wasn't able to watch it in real time because I have a baby. Missed the last 30 minutes.)
-Much more complicated to delete a recording after viewing.
-Generally seems to run soooo slow.

After being a happy customer for years, I am seriously considering switching due to this awful glitchy update.

naustin
Camera Crew
JessS wrote:
Another related issue, half the time I also lose the BlueTooth Icon, so I can't re-pair and I have to reset my Hopper3. I believe this behavior started with U336.