U341 OTA DVR Programs Can't Be Accessed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U341 OTA DVR Programs Can't Be Accessed

BillC4
Camera Crew
I have shows I record to my Hopper 3 from my over the air antenna. They're on Grit and MeTV. After upgrading to U341 these shows cannot be accessed if there are two or more together. So if I only have one MeTV show I can access it, but if I have 2 or more shows (a series) my Hopper 3 keeps looking for them but cannot find them and then the DVR search either gives me a message the recordings can't be accessed or the screen just goes back to live TV. This means I not only can't watch the shows, I can't delete them from the DVR. My workaround for now is to transfer the shows to my external DVR hard drive. Once the shows are on the external drive I can watch them and delete them. If I transfer a series back from the external hard drive to the Hopper 3 DVR I again can't access them. This problem is only happening on my OTA recordings. All recordings done from DISH channels work the same as always.
3 Replies

Re: U341 OTA DVR Programs Can't Be Accessed

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
Is this what you see when you attempt to access those recordings?

[img:1ys2xmr0]http://www.image-share.com/upload/3433/9.jpg[/img:1ys2xmr0]

BillC4
Camera Crew
That's exactly what happens. The green streaming lights continue for a few minutes then either it goes back to live programming or it gives a message that the programs cannot be accessed.

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
Since U341 I have also experienced this similar issue, but there are a couple of subtle differences that I wanted to be sure we were close - I don't want to hijack your thread if my issue ends up being different.

In my case I attempt to access a recording and I get that "please wait" animated bar (pictured above) but nothing happens. Eventually I have to back out and I am never able to see the recording playback menu or multiple records (if more than one). This started after U341.

However, in my case this problem appears to be happening with the first recording of the day since the Hopper reboot. And in my case this recording is a local channel but it is recorded from satellite and not OTA.

Two things - I am able to delete the recording by opening the DVR listing, scrolling to the problem entry, and then choosing the BLUE button, which is a delete option off the DVR listing without having to drill into the recording.

Secondly, because this is only happening with this one recording, I am attempting a work-around by creating a throw-away, timer for an earlier show on the same channel (4am) to see if the problem transfers to that earlier recording.

This morning I did not have the problem with my desired recording but this is only day one. I'll let you know how it progresses.