U336 has led to black screen on Hopper3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U336 has led to black screen on Hopper3

fitz2380
Character Actor
Came home tonight to find that our recorded shows for today did not record. Pulled up DVR menu and there was nothing there since last night. We do PrimeTime recording and there was no recording for tonight as well as other scheduled content.

I pulled up the guide to select a live show and I have nothing but a black screen. Reset the hopper through the menu 3 times, but nothing comes up from any live tv. Just a black screen. Pulled the power for 2 or 3 minutes on the hopper and still the same results. No live TV will appear... just a black screen.

Pulled up a recording from a saved episode on the hopper and it plays....... but nothing but sound. Still all a black screen.

I have a wireless joey, and if I attempt to turn it on, it appears with the tuner channel list and shows 'acquiring signal' for all of the tuners..... this is borked...

I updated to U336 on Friday to be able to access by new EHD. I can access the EHD now, but nothing will play either live or recored on the Hopper 3 or the Wireless Joey.

What do I do now??
7 Replies

Re: U336 has led to black screen on Hopper3

BrianL
Character Actor
Please do a hard reset by unplugging the Hopper from the power for 10 seconds. (cord has a red tag) If it is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, please plug it directly into a wall socket after the 10 seconds if possible. The process will take about 5 minutes or so. If this doesn't resolve the issue, we would need to troubleshoot the problem. For this, you would send a Private Message with either the account or phone number. -Brian L-

stile99
Cinematographer
Known issue with U336. Thread is [url:dw3g3bm6]https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17991[/url:dw3g3bm6]

JSracer
Audio Engineer
does turning the Picture in picture on fix or change anything ??

fitz2380
Character Actor
Update: I couldn't diagnose anymore last night, but have spent several hours this morning. I restarted and powered down/up my Hopper several times. Again, I had not picture and no guide on the Hopper and the Joey said it had no signal. However, I could now watch the DVR content from the hopper. In addition, I could still access the content from both my EHDs
Whenever I would try to change channel on the black 'live' tv screen it would pop up the tuner list (all 16) and they all said acquiring satellite signal. Then I noticed that the time and date on the hopper was like Sept. 30th and 8 or 9 hours in ahead of current time. I again restarted a couple of times and the time and date always stayed the same.

I then unplugged both my EHDs and my OTA tuner, and the joey. I restarted the hopper. Wow, the Hopper now had a guide and I could view live content.....Great! Oh but wait, now I don't have access to my EHD's since I had to unplug them to get the Hopper to work. Oh but wait that is why I upgraded to U336 was to get access to my new EHD...

Now what.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
So what was the issue, ehd?? OTA?? Joey ???

Seems like you did a few things here.

fitz2380
Character Actor
Well it wasn't the joey, as I have that plugged back in and working. I have not plugged the EHDs or the OTA back in, but I would guess it has something to do with the EHDs, as the U336 was the release that was supposed to make these work or work better. I don't want to jeopardize my ability to watch TV at the moment so I have not plugged the other stuff back in.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
got ya, thanks !!
my ehd was not seen at all till 336, 334 didn't see it.
thinking the ehd might be safe, since many people have them installed. might point to the ota deal.
Good luck, hope it keeps working for you