U336 Overall

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U336 Overall

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
What did it fix? No notes on the upgrade nor any explanation for Dish programmers! What was the intent?
11 Replies

Re: U336 Overall

RickObe
Visual Engineer
People have been asking for a very, very long time for Dish to post release notes on firmware updates. They just won't do it. Poor customer support.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Ehd seen here that was not in 334 , that's why I forced the update

scotar
Audio Engineer
They won't tell us what the updates are supposed to do because they usually don't fix what they intend to fix and usually break other stuff with their updates. LOL

Morkai
Character Actor
They screwed up the 40 remote red button double press talking you to TV Activity. Now it opens up some Accessibility Screen....very annoying as I used that a lot.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Morkai wrote:
They screwed up the 40 remote red button double press talking you to TV Activity. Now it opens up some Accessibility Screen....very annoying as I used that a lot.

Yeah, I've had to retrain myself that it's now red-enter instead of red-red.

Joe2k17
Extra
The speech is for blind users as myself to be able to know what is on and be able to view the guide and set the DVR. Sorry forgive me for not feeling bad that you have to learn a new button as we've gained access to things I've never had before with this release of the hopper three. That being said how do you view if there's another update? Still trying to figure that out. Again hopefully I wasn't offensive, but I'm very happy with dish for this update it was about time. I believe you can call dish and disable accessibility settings but not sure. I do know that they had to notate that I was blind when signing up for me to receive it.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Joe2k17 wrote:
The speech is for blind users as myself to be able to know what is on and be able to view the guide and set the DVR. Sorry forgive me for not feeling bad that you have to learn a new button as we've gained access to things I've never had before with this release of the hopper three. That being said how do you view if there's another update? Still trying to figure that out. Again hopefully I wasn't offensive, but I'm very happy with dish for this update it was about time. I believe you can call dish and disable accessibility settings but not sure. I do know that they had to notate that I was blind when signing up for me to receive it.

I'm happy to retrain myself to make a slightly different input to get to the activity screen if it helps one person with accessibility issues.

To install a user-triggered update, hit Menu twice on the remote, then go to Tools. If there's an update that you can trigger, there will be a tile for it in the lower right corner along with the reset, restore and backup tiles.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
This is the first time we've had the option to update manually, hopefully it continues. Gives some of the more experienced users a chance to try it before it rolls out to everyone.

alokep
Camera Crew
Morkai wrote:
They screwed up the 40 remote red button double press [b:20d7bb8x]talking [/b:20d7bb8x]you to TV Activity. Now it opens up some Accessibility Screen....very annoying as I used that a lot.

Your post made me think :shock: :D

I didn't think you could talk to H3 with remote v 40.
I know what you meant...