U336 Log On To Netflix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U336 Log On To Netflix

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
I found that I must logon to Netflix each and every day! Offers me the screen "Login to your free month" or "Login"! Did not do this in previous software releases from 335 all the way back to a year ago!
12 Replies

Re: U336 Log On To Netflix

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew

Yep, I am also experiencing this with the Hopper 3 and the 336 update but, hey, at least my EHDs are again available.

Seems there are firmware updates where we are constantly asked to choose the lesser of two bad options.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
This fixed Netflix not remembering login for me:

a) Log on to Netflix on hopper
b) Go back to Live TV
c) Unplug hopper for 30 seconds
d) Plug it back in and wait for it to restart
e) Log back into Netflix (if needed)

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Takes 5-10 minutes to do all this and IT DIDN'T HAPPEN WITH THE PREVIOUS UPDATE R335 AT ALL!!!

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Avonjimmy wrote:
Takes 5-10 minutes to do all this and IT DIDN'T HAPPEN WITH THE PREVIOUS UPDATE R335 AT ALL!!!

You're welcome.

U336 Netflix

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Seems like Netflix is gone also! Watching last night and Netflix kept reloading and buffering constantly. Went into Settings and noticed that Netflix could not contact all the Netflix servers! Tells me that I don't have internet access and can not do anything until I have at least that! Can't understand that as this is a new router and internet light is blinking on the device. Reset the router and same thing!! Went into Roku and all seemed fine! Went to settings in Roku and have access to all servers and connection speed is 10mps, which is normal for this area! Can't understand it but GET IT FIXED! Seemed to happen in U336 as previous upgrades did not cause any to this for a least a year when Dish first introduced Netflix!!!!!!!

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
RickObe: Did not mean to disparage you! I understand you are trying to help (Which is what Forums are all about) but this worked in U335 and the problem now is U336! Dish programmers: get it fixed!!!!

Re: U336 Netflix

DISH Employee
Avonjimmy wrote:
Seems like Netflix is gone also! Watching last night and Netflix kept reloading and buffering constantly. Went into Settings and noticed that Netflix could not contact all the Netflix servers! Tells me that I don't have internet access and can not do anything until I have at least that! Can't understand that as this is a new router and internet light is blinking on the device. Reset the router and same thing!! Went into Roku and all seemed fine! Went to settings in Roku and have access to all servers and connection speed is 10mps, which is normal for this area! Can't understand it but GET IT FIXED! Seemed to happen in U336 as previous upgrades did not cause any to this for a least a year when Dish first introduced Netflix!!!!!!!

Is there a 3 digit number on the error that you're seeing?

RickObe
Visual Engineer
RickObe wrote:
This fixed Netflix not remembering login for me:

a) Log on to Netflix on hopper
b) Go back to Live TV
c) Unplug hopper for 30 seconds
d) Plug it back in and wait for it to restart
e) Log back into Netflix (if needed)

I spoke too soon. It stayed logged on for me for a few days after this "fix". Then last night it made me log in again. Will see what it does tonight. It's REALLY a pain when it makes you keep logging in since it's tons of keystrokes on the on-screen keyboard for a long email address and complex password.

Avonjimmy
Costume Designer
Noticed a new thing on the Netflix app! When you chose Netflix works on the Hopper 3 but not the Joey's! On the Hopper 3 it loads the Netflix app but says no connection to the Netflix servers is available. Shows show uninterrupted! Can't explain it!!!

On the Joey doesn't connect at all because all the Netflix servers do no connect or a problem with the internet connection! But eventually it seems OK because all the Netflix servers do connect and the internet is fine. But a real problem with the Joeys connecting and never happened before U336!

Dish Programmers - GET IT FIXED!!!!

PS: Roku is fine with all servers connected and internet connection fine!!!!