Two questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two questions

BGE777
Extra
!. Several times in the last week, we have logged in to Netflix on Ch. 370. The audio becomes garbled after a
few moments. Rebooting the Hopper seems to fix it.

2. If I leave my Joey on CNN (ch. 200) for several hours the image changes to SD from HD. I have to change to
a different channel, then go back to 200 to get the HD image back.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these issues?

Thank you,

Charlie
5 Replies

Re: Two questions

DISH Employee
BGE777 wrote:
!. Several times in the last week, we have logged in to Netflix on Ch. 370. The audio becomes garbled after a
few moments. Rebooting the Hopper seems to fix it.

2. If I leave my Joey on CNN (ch. 200) for several hours the image changes to SD from HD. I have to change to
a different channel, then go back to 200 to get the HD image back.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these issues?

Thank you,

Charlie

Hi Charlie. Two separate issues to address here.
Netflix sound issues. All programs or one? What's your internet speed? Are you running the sound thru a sound bar, or surround sound? Does this sound issue happen on Dish programming or streaming YouTube?

HD switching to SD. Is signal loss. I personally had a few new tree branches slightly extending over the front of my DISH that were easily removed by hand that corrected this. This is the time of year it happens. Any near by trees limbs? Are all cables twisted tightly? On the floor behind the TV and into the receiver? A 1/4 turn can cause signal loss. Anyone doing yard, roof or interior construction or repairs? Could have bumped the DISH or cut a cable? Anyone move furniture in the home?

BGE777
Extra
Hi Denverdood,

Thanks for replying. We have noticed the Netflix sound issues on a couple of programs that we normally watch. We haven't checked others. I have an inexpensive Yamaha sound bar and we have 200mb internet thru Comcast. If it does it again, I am going to access Netflix through the TV remote to see if that makes a difference.

We have lived here 16 years, so there are a couple of tree branches that do block the dish at times. The signal strength ranges from 40-60. One of your collogues told me that the system monitors my receiver signal strength and that it will notify Dish if it becomes a problem?

I noticed another odd thing yesterday afternoon. I was watching a PBS channel. The screen would "pixilate" then switch to the "TV Activity" screen every 30 sec. or so. Sometimes I think the Hopper is possessed.

On a side note, do you think Dish will ever have enough band with to broadcast all channels that are available in HD in HD?

Thank you so much for your help!

Charlie

Community Manager
Community Manager
Let us know if the Netflix issue continues.

The tree branches could be blocking your signal, but that wouldn't explain why your receiver goes in and out of the TV activity screen while it pixelates. Have you had any remote issues recently by any chance?

If your receiver is connected to the internet, and we notice that you may be experiencing a problem - we do have a team that does outbound calls. You may not always get one, but if you ever do - they will let you know to call in to schedule a visit and we will not attempt to collect any info during that outbound call.

BGE777
Extra
Hi Chris,

I haven't had any remote issues. I'll let you know if Netflix problems continue.

Charlie

Community Manager
Community Manager
I would still like to review your set up.

Can I have you send me a PM with your account number and PIN? Thank you!