Turn off Pop ups

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Pop ups

crimsondave
Extra
How do I turn off this "find your game" pop up that keeps going up in the middle of the football game I'm watching? It is SO annoying!
9 Replies

Re: Turn off Pop ups

Lowcarb
Character Actor
Ditto for me. VERY bloody annoying. Must have had to dismiss this 100 times during the US Open tennis on ESPN 140.

Give us a switch to turn it off please.

Community Manager
Community Manager
To disable TV enhancements, follow these instructions.

Carbon UI: Menu > Settings > Notifications > TV Enhancements > Off

Old UI: Menu > Settings > Diagnostics > TV Enhancements > Off

GameFinder notifications

Jshaw478
Extra
While I'm watching ESPN, a box pops up every few minutes that says: "press SELECT to find your game".

I don't want to watch another game and I've tried pressing select just so it will stop and it doesn't. How in the world do you turn this off??

Enhanced TV option

cbrookhart
Camera Crew
I saw on Twitter after I posted my message about the 'press select to find your game,' that this was part of the enhanced TV feature. I'm wondering what changed to make this alert come up what seemed like every 30 seconds. This didn't come up last week for college games or for week 1 of NFL. I found out how to turn it off.

Jamesp
Extra
Thank you God for posting this. I can understand one reminder but one every two minutes is crazy annoying

Wallybunker
Camera Crew
Jamesp wrote:
Thank you God for posting this. I can understand one reminder but one every two minutes is crazy annoying

I called Tech Supoort today about this same issue. They said they had received complaints about it from others. She said she would add me to the list.

This feature is the most annoying popup. If I wanted to find another game, I would use the Game Finder app.

Please find a way to get rid of this aggravating and annoying popup.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
They did. The instructions are listed above.

Wallybunker
Camera Crew
Chad,
Funny how Tech Support didn't know. I did that now I will wait and see

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
Yep, I also recently experienced this pop-up appearing every few minutes before I disabled it.

This seems to be a new behavior and one, I suspect, attributable to a bug in that feature.