Turn OFF Primetime Anytime ???

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn OFF Primetime Anytime ???

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Is there any way that I can turn off Primetime Anytime and stop it from recording ?

Since the changeover to the new HATED interface, it is quickly eating up my storage.
5 Replies

Re: Turn OFF Primetime Anytime ???

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Sure, try menu, prime time anytime, options, select 3 and turn off. You can also change settings for networks, days to record and how long to save the recordings.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Thank you; I turned it off.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
If you want to use the Auto hop feature you can turn it back on for one channel, one night per week and only keep shows for 2 days. You will still have Auto hop for the network shows you set timers for, but will not have all the extra recordings cluttering up your storage.

Heartbears2
Extra
I just turned mine off. It shoulnt be ON unless you choose to turn it ON! I am now stuck with a tv whose channel I cant watch because its going to be recording the rest of the shows for tonight. When you turn that damned thing OFF...it should be OFF! I pay too much for this kind of crap. Turn it OFF unless the subscriber wants to turn it ON. This is MY tv....not DISHES!!!!!!!

DISH Employee

Hello, Heartbears2. We definitely don't want to have Prime Time Anytime make your experience with us frustrating. We do have this feature on by default, because most of our members do actively use it. I can understand not wanting to us it yourself, and I am glad you have shut this feature off. Are you still having an issue with it recording after you disabled it?