The second of our tuners went out last week. Dish sent a new one and we replaced the r. When we switch the tuner to dual TV mode it begins an endless loop loosing signal - working for about 4 min and loosing signal.
When calling into the support line i was asked to wait until the snow "completely melted" for the the receiver to work. I endlessly tried to explain to the support technician that because of the location I live the snow isn't completely for me until April. And that the dish at that time had no snow on it. I also tried (and more importantly ) to explain that we have 2 receivers in the house. One of which controls two TV's upstairs and one downstairs that also has 2 TV's. The upstairs receiver was working fine. I was told the other receiver gets signal from the satellite differently than the first receiver that is why one is working and one is not. Doesn't and didn't make sense to me. I was given a "I'm sorry but here's a $15 bill credit and wait until the snow stops".
Snow stopped. Same problem. No dish obstructions. I don't feel like wasting another hour with phone support with that past record and my feeling that the new receiver sent is the problem. What is the process of requesting an onsite technician.
I am not able to review this without the account information and cannot really comment on what may have happened with the receiver. Please send a PM with your account or phone number and 4 digit PIN and I can look into this issue. Thanks.
This sounds like an installation issue. Each tuner is receiving a feed from the antenna. Possible configurations are you are using a triplexer behind the receiver (silver box with one cable going to the antenna and three going to the receiver, each marked to correspond to spaces marked on the receiver), a separator (a small silver box with one cable going to the antenna and two going to the receiver, each marked to correspond to spaces marked on the receiver), or two cables coming from the antenna. If any of these were connected wrong, you could be having the issue you reported, so take a look at the back and make sure that this is how you connected them.
The other options, less likely but possible, is that the LNBF is bad, no longer sending out a dual channel signal, so the second tuner won't work; the diplexer is bad (if one is installed) no longer passing the dual channel signal through, someone changed the configuration of the cabling at the diplexer (no longer allowing both of the channels from the LNBF to pass through to the receiver because it was reconnected incorrectly), cable damage along the path from the receiver to the antenna, barrel failure in the wallplate, etc.
So, if after you have triple checked behind the receiver that you connected the receiver correctly, it still is giving you this issue, you will need a tech out.