Tuner 2 on VIP722K comes on overnight

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuner 2 on VIP722K comes on overnight

Wallybunker
Camera Crew
Several times a week in the last month, I have gotten up in the morning to find my VIP722K receiver Tuner 2 (blue light) on. The tuner was not used the night before and the remote was placed on a shelf out of human reach. Not that it makes a big difference, but it seems odd that the tuner comes on by itself. I can find no changes in my receiver settings or DVR programming schedule. Does DIRT have any ideas? Just curious more than anything.
6 Replies

Re: Tuner 2 on VIP722K comes on overnight

Do you know if TV2 has an autotune timer set up at it? Maybe try changing the remote address as well
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Wallybunker
Camera Crew
Matt G wrote:
Do you know if TV2 has an autotune timer set up at it? Maybe try changing the remote address as well

There is not auto tune set on TV2. Obviously, it is the primary DVR recording tuner. The whole receiver will be off when I go to bed, yet tuner 2 is on when I get up, at times. Just strange.

This would likely be caused by either an autotune timer or even the TV2 remote having the same remote address as a neighbor, if applicable. Do you use TV2 and/or have people who live with you, maybe?

Wallybunker
Camera Crew
Matt G wrote:
This would likely be caused by either an autotune timer or even the TV2 remote having the same remote address as a neighbor, if applicable. Do you use TV2 and/or have people who live with you, maybe?

My next door neighbor has Dish and. VIP722K. I'll check her tuner 2 remote. Never thought of that. Stay tuned as they say. :D

Wallybunker wrote:
My next door neighbor has Dish and. VIP722K. I'll check her tuner 2 remote. Never thought of that. Stay tuned as they say. :D

Let us know!

Wallybunker
Camera Crew
Matt G wrote:
Wallybunker wrote:

Let us know!

The answer is she has her UHF Pro Band B remote to a totally different address. Any other ideas?