Tumbnail images..

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tumbnail images..

olds4422
Audio Engineer
So ever since the last update I been have issue where thumbnails for channels in Recall and recorded DVR just show a defualt Dish logo. this was also effecting information screen where it shows pictures of actore, alot of photes were missing. alot programing photos were either just show the channel logo or some default image that was use for any programing that didnt have correct thumbnail image or was using channels logo as image.

So I unpluged the H3 for min and repluged it in, This for most part fix all that, except there still channels just showing channel logo for programing or a default thumbnail for channels that dont use channel logo.

And these are on show I KNOW have correct thumbnails like Family guy, American Dad, Blind spot, Blacklist and some movies that do this too.

What exactly did dish break in the last update, cause before the update thumbnail images for all programing was fine.
4 Replies

Re: Tumbnail images..

peggyrh
Associate Producer
May have something to do with the Guide info, it has all kinds of new issues too.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
I noticed that , The Guide screwy too. guide had issue to begin with and in dish fashion they add issue and bugs its almost like there is NO real world test or internal tests for that matter on updates before the pushed . :roll:

I still waiting for AUTOTUNE to say AUTOTUNE instead of saying RECORDING in both shedule and the channel it self will show it as recording when it not.

and manual timers to be fixed it buggs

I set that for specific day just to find set it to day may or may not set it that day. But if it didnt work correct edit the day bugs in that I will pick saturday and instead of set it to saturday it will set to sunday, I will go back in and pick saturday again and it will set to monday, and it will keep going threw reset of day till get back to saturday after setting it to saturday 5 more times.

And timers I have work one week and next week dont as of late cause what ever they did to guide.

avjohnnie
Character Actor
Exactly the same here and with three other Hopper3 installations I am aware of. Today has been the worst - It's literally loosing the timer list (and the timer schedule along with it). I have to power-cord it to get them back - then within 15 to 30 minutes they're all gone again. So I'm now no longer able to record timed events.

Very unstable SW, this 2/22/17 version ... How did it ever get approved for deployment?

I've been with DISH for going on 13 years and EchoStar C/Ku for numerous years prior to that. As such I have been through many difficult periods of dealing with buggy receivers & SW updates, but I don't recall ever having a DISH Receiver/SW combo that came anywhere near being as difficult to deal with as this Hopper3 & it's SW bugs have been for last 4 or 5 months... My Hopper3 and 4KJoeys were installed mid Feb 2016 and for the first 7 or so months it was truly great! Then they started "improving" it with these damn SW update pushes...This last update has almost improved it to its total and utter destruction.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
less then 48 hours and the tumbnails are broke again, all channels show channels logo instead of the programs actual image and all dvr listed in trash have defualt dishlogo instead of the actual logo.and everything listed in recall either show Dish logo or channel logo.

I had to unplug and replug the box to fix this last and didnt fix it totally and a now it started all over.

U343 2/10/2017 what ever yous changed seriously broke the guide