Trying to transfer recordings from one Hopper to another.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to transfer recordings from one Hopper to another.

cmuir1234
Extra
I had to get a new Hopper 3 since the old one stopped working after a power outage. I was trying to transfer my recordings from the old Hopper to the new one. Followed the instructions on the web page, but I never got past the screen where it gave me two minutes to hook the Hoppers together. The watch tv while transfering page never came up. There was a yellow light flashing while the two were hooked together, which I thought maybe something was happening. Now I am reading in the forum, that maybe it is not possible since my old Hopper is not activated. Did I just loose all my recordings?
5 Replies

Re: Trying to transfer recordings from one Hopper to another

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Can you connect a USB drive to the Old Hopper still and get the files xfer'd to the drive? Thats the best method.

Are you connecting the Hoppers using LAN cable to a router or switch?

How did the old Hopper fail? Basically, you need to be able to play recordings on it in order to transfer events. If the receiver has power failure or hard drive issues this will not work
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

cmuir1234
Extra
It failed due to a 9999 Error code, which happened after the receiver was actually powered down during a power outage. It wouldn't reboot.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I'd contact DISH support on the phone and get some help on this...

Community Manager
Community Manager
At this point it the recordings are likely to be lost. This would be a power issue with the receiver and if you cannot play a recording it cannot be transferred