Trying to "Contact" Dish

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to "Contact" Dish

JOESENTER
Character Actor

I go to the website because I have dual residency and have to change my service address when I change homes for the summer.  For the past 10 years I do so with the "Chat" mode.  Now the Chat mode is inoperative and the "Feedback" is also inoperative.  I tried the "800" number and I get a very long recorded message with many selections.  I have been trying to get to them for 15 days now and have not gotten any where.  On the phone when I finally get to talk to someone, they switch me back to the original phone answer and start all over.  That happened 3 times.  

6 Replies

Re: Trying to "Contact" Dish

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
If you send a private message on Dish Facebook Page, they tend to respond quickly, although not sure of their staffing on easter. Figure it has to be minimal.

JOESENTER
Character Actor

There's two problems to that.  (1) This started 16 days ago, so Easter staffing should have nothing to do with it. (2) I don't do Facebook.  Never have, never will.  If Facebook is the only way, I will do without TV.

Highlighted

Bchan
Costume Designer
Odd, not sure why you are having so much trouble. My uncle does the snowbird thing as well, called in a couple weeks ago to change from his Florida home to his Michigan home and had no problem at all with the first person he spoke to. Pretty much just said "hey, I'm a snowbird moving back to Michigan, can you update my address?" And they were able to do it.

I'd say try calling again. Just say it very simply if you can.

DISH Employee

We hate to hear you having so much trouble getting this taken care of, JOESENTER, and would love to help make a better experience for you. Will you send us a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please?

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

JOESENTER
Character Actor

I tried that for a while but could not get past the "Send to" because it would not take anything I could think of for who to send the private message to

DISH Employee

JOESENTER, you can type in any DISH employees name in the "Send To" field such as "JessicaM" or "ChristinaW". Once you start typing a name, suggestions will auto populate.