Trying to program a ILive Soundbar to work with my Dish remote

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to program a ILive Soundbar to work with my Dish remote

Nomad_1976
Extra

Has anyone had any experience with a ILive soundbar as far as getting it to work with the Dish remote? I have tried to program the remote that came with the unit to accept the commands to the Dish remote, looked for codes that might work with the Dish remote, etc. Not having much luck.

Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: Trying to program a ILive Soundbar to work with my Dish remote

DISH Employee

Hi Nomad_1975! If the codes we have aren't working, you can try contacting ILive to see if they have any additional codes, as we always receive the codes from the manufacturer.

You could also try teaching your Dish remote the commands using the ILive remote as well: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/customizablecommands

Re: Trying to program a ILive Soundbar to work with my Dish remote

Jeffo
Extra

The old remote used to work with iLive. I however called up and got the new v.54 Google Voice remote (first one free) and paid for a second one as well. Only to discover that the new Dish remotes do not work with my iLive soundbars. 

I have called Dish to inquire abut this and they told me to talk to iLive since they made the sound bar not accepting the old codes that I used previously. I talked to iLive and they told me to talk to Dish since they are the ones that made the remote that is not working correctly with codes that worked before. 

Tonight I dug up the original remote for the iLive and called Dish support again since they still use Flash on their support site, prepared to use the original iLive remote to program the Dish remote to work my sound bar. Support tried to walk me through adding the sound bar to the remote using the on screen wizard that I told them did not work. But when they could find no mention of iLive in the Wizard Menus, they were helpless. When I tried to explain to him that it worked with my old Dish remote, he wanted me to then go dig out the old Dish remote and then pair it to the system. I told him that I was not wanting to use the old remote but wanted to use the new remote. 

I asked him to help me program the new remote using the device's original remote and he told me that the new Google Voice remote does not do that. 

I told him that was stupid and a step backwards. To make a new remote with only a limited amount of devices it works with and that it will not work with devices that have worked for years.