Trouble with Hopper 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Hopper 2

I have opper 2 with Sling. Since about 10 days the receiver started giving problems. Once you press the Power button on the receiver the screen comes on but all it says is "System Refreshing". The only way you can get it wotking is to pull thw power cord from the wall and reconnect it again to the power source. Then it goes though the whole system checkup, which normally takes 2 to 5 minutes. I have contacted DISH technical support by phone and they tweak at thier end and make it work for a while. After an hour or two the picture freezes. The technical guys are not of much use. Looks like they have trouble shooting steps which they follow to fix it for that moment. I have been with DISH for 8 years and never I had such a bad service. Their talk is more about apolagizing for the problem you exerienced rather than solving the problem. They even made me sign me up for a two year contract when certain paid channels were about to be discontinued. Of course they intimated me about the changes, but if I knew what was coming I woudn't have signed up with DISH. Having knowledge that certain channels will not be available in the near future and not informing the customer when he/she is signing up for the service is questionable. I think this has to be looked at from a legal point of view. CONCLUSION: DISH SERVICE SUCKS! 

2 Replies

Re: Trouble with Hopper 2

Highlighted

Re: Trouble with Hopper 2

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s been looked at from a legal point of view and that point of view is there is a channel that is “about to be removed”(aka it is in negotiations) just about every single day. You just don’t hear about it. This is why the agreement specifically covers channels possibility of being dropped. You’re not signing a commitment for any specific channel.