Transfer recorded programs from DVR to attached HD fixed problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer recorded programs from DVR to attached HD fixed problem

esmith
Extra

We had all season of The Big Bang series recorded on the Hopper, last night the majority of them seemed to have disappeared. The Hopper disk was around 32% full.  Did a transfer of all the Big Bang programs from the Hopper to attached hard drive .  After transfer to the HD all the shows were back (on the attached HD).  Anyone have an idea what happened?

5 Replies

Re: Transfer recorded programs from DVR to attached HD fixed problem

NotGivingUp
Extra

Exact same thing happened to me. Happened right after hopper 3 firmware upgrade to U521 for me, two days ago. Recordings still visible and playable with Dishanywhere. Export to external drive did make them all visible again on the hopper. Hard resets did not help. Maybe a future firmware update will fix things. (Autoplay still doesn't work for me either.) Remaining patient. 

redlite
Costume Designer

I have the same problem. I have 2 Hoppers w/sling. If I watch the Hopper that the recordings are on, no episodes. However, if I watch the other Hopper and select the first Hopper, the recordings are there. Same thing with the Joeys. If I watch the non-host Hopper with the Joey, recordings are there. If I watch the host Hopper, no recordings. I can also use my Dish Anywhere app on a Android device and find the recordings and tell them to play on the tv. My Hoppers both updated to U703 software around August 1. This problem started yesterday. I called support and was told a patch is in the works. Should update tonight or tomorrow. My workaround is to transfer the recordings to an external hard drive. Then I can see them.

CDRJJC
Character Actor

How can you transfer the recordings from Hopper 3 to an attached External Hard Drive if you cannot see the recordings?  In the past, I have found that a transfer is not successful if I try to transfer too many programs at one time.

redlite
Costume Designer

Transfer what it will of just one series of a show. If it gives you an error, try again. I can usually transfer up to 13 episodes 

esmith
Extra

We had around 256 "The Big Bang Theory" programs recorded.  When you went to select which one you wanted (they were recorded by Seasons-eposides ) it did not show all of the ones that had been recorded; we knew they were there because we  watched some the previous night and all Seasons and Eposides were present.  The next time we went to watch some most of them did not show as being present.  I used the "Manage Recordings" and said move all of them to the attached hard drive.  After completion the hard drive contained all Seasons and Eposides.