Transfer Prime Time Recordings to Hard Drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Prime Time Recordings to Hard Drive

ArizonaJon
Camera Crew
We are going to move from Hopper with Sling to Hopper 3. I have copied most of our recordings to a hard drive. However recordings made during the Prime Time (for us 6 pm to 10 pm) on the 4 Prime Time channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox) do not appear when we use the Manage Recording function. These recording are not part of the "Prime Time" section. Many are over the 8 day Prime Time save limit. For example we have Survivor Seasons 35 episodes 1 through 6. Episode 1 was recorded September 27, 2017. When I try to transfer them to the hard drive, they are not shown. Programs from the same channel recorded during non prime time periods are available to transfer. Yesterday I spent 58 seconds short of 1 hour talking to tech support and they were not able to find a solutions. I hope with this written explanation one of the tech support personnel will be able to find a solution.
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transfer Prime Time Recordings to Hard Drive

Chadt41411
Casting Director
This may not be a solution you like, but will work. If you connect the H2 with the H3 using an Ethernet cable, you can transfer that way. Any of the PTAT programs not showing to transfer to EHD should trans Ethernet no problem.
8 Replies

Chadt41411
Casting Director
This may not be a solution you like, but will work. If you connect the H2 with the H3 using an Ethernet cable, you can transfer that way. Any of the PTAT programs not showing to transfer to EHD should trans Ethernet no problem.

ArizonaJon
Camera Crew
Chadt, this is also the work around they suggested. However, I posted the issue here in hopes it would be listed by one of the monitors on the bug list. Since I plan to stay with Dish, I would hope they will fix the bugs that remain in the software. I find it strange that the only way you can list an issue is through the forum. There should at least be an Email link where you can send a complaint and hope for an acknowledgement. Well at least I can't find any other way.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can submit feedback to their spokeslister page.

ArizonaJon
Camera Crew
Thanks Chadt, I have submitted this issue and another one regarding a jumping cursor to spokeslistener.

MarieS
Extra
Your problem of not being able to transfer Prime shows relates to my problem. I am unable to SAVE any Prime shows and have only 8 days to watch them. My choices are to reduce my Prime shows or do away with the Joey skip. PEOPLE SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE SIGNING THE 2 YEAR CONTRACT.

I was also told I only had to have an internet connection to get Netflix. THAT was not true. I had to also have Netflix subscription!

ArizonaJon
Camera Crew
I do not have that problem. If I go to prime time and select a show I get a menu that allows Watch, Delete, Save, Save Series and More Info. If I select Save that show will be placed in the normal DVR area. If I select Save Series the show and all future show will be saved.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Joey has nothing to do with Primetime - all recording is done on the Hopper (that's where the settings for Primetime are). The Joey gets its programming from the Hopper and does not actually record anything as it has no tuners.

Netflix is a totally different company than Dish, it's like HBO & Showtime - you have to pay a subscription fee, always been that way. All Dish is doing is providing you a way to access Netflix rather than using a smart tv or buying a separate streaming box (like a Roku or Fire TV).

Chadt41411
Casting Director
ROKu advertises you can get Netflix.... that means the access. You still need the subscription separately. Same with Dish