Too many TV's?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many TV's?

SBA72
Extra
I currently have 9 receivers in my home, they are all the VIP612. 5 are leased and 4 had to be purchased. I recently got an Alexa Show and would really like to lease one Hopper to get the most out of having both Dish Network and the Alexa. However, I was told that I would have to upgrade ALL of the receivers in my home and have 2 Hoppers. Which means I would have to lease one and purchase one outright. Then lease and purchase the Joey's also. That adds up to a lot of money! Has anybody else gotten around this issue somehow? I just want to be able to use the Alexa with one TV in the house. Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!
Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Too many TV's?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No way around it. Hopper accounts cannot be mixed with non Hopper equipment. Different technology all the way from the Dish, down the line.
5 Replies

Chadt41411
Casting Director
No way around it. Hopper accounts cannot be mixed with non Hopper equipment. Different technology all the way from the Dish, down the line.

SBA72
Extra
Ah, that's what I worried about. I was just hoping for a simple, and less expensive solution. Like one of those remotes, or entertainment hubs (?) that work with the Alexa. Thanks for the reply Chad! Guess I'll look into the hopper setup pricetag. Do you know by chance how many tv's can run on one Hopper?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
up to 6 Joeys, according to Dish.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I currently have 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys all RJ45 LAN networked connected. Works well.

robbiek19723
Camera Crew

Thats Alot of Tvs lol Maybe if your in a Cabled area try the local Cable Outfit