Timer recordings not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dagakron
Extra
Add us to the growing list of customers where the nightly updates incapacitate the timers. If we set the timer in the morning for any time that day, it works fine. If we set the timer today to record something tomorrow evening, it won't work, even though the timer still shows up in the list.
We have already been through the recommended fixes and talked to DISH Support (and went through the same list of fixes again) to no avail. The representative assured us that this was a problem they had not heard about before, then put me on hold and came back and admitted that this is an ongoing problem. He did promise to add my info to a support ticket and get it resolved "very soon."
This was 2-3 weeks ago and still no action that I can see and the timers still don't work properly.

This is a service that I am paying for. In fact, just a few days ago, we got a letter saying the price was increasing!

I would like DISH to admit that there is a problem and to do something about it, rather than just taking down our information and never hearing from them again. You'd think there would be a more concerted effort to get this fixed, considering the plentiful "on demand" options out there.
2 Replies

Re: Timer recordings not working

DISH Employee
Post details
Post by dagakron » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 am

Add us to the growing list of customers where the nightly updates incapacitate the timers. If we set the timer in the morning for any time that day, it works fine. If we set the timer today to record something tomorrow evening, it won't work, even though the timer still shows up in the list.
We have already been through the recommended fixes and talked to DISH Support (and went through the same list of fixes again) to no avail. The representative assured us that this was a problem they had not heard about before, then put me on hold and came back and admitted that this is an ongoing problem. He did promise to add my info to a support ticket and get it resolved "very soon."
This was 2-3 weeks ago and still no action that I can see and the timers still don't work properly.

This is a service that I am paying for. In fact, just a few days ago, we got a letter saying the price was increasing!

I would like DISH to admit that there is a problem and to do something about it, rather than just taking down our information and never hearing from them again. You'd think there would be a more concerted effort to get this fixed, considering the plentiful "on demand" options out there.

Hello. We are not seeing an issue with the nightly update affecting a future timer right now. On a Hopper with Sling it may interrupt a recording that is set at the time of the update, but not one for the next day. I understand that you have already had your issue reviewed, but I would like to look at it a little further. May I get a PM with your account or phone number so I can access your records? Thanks.

Re: Timer recordings not working

dagakron
Extra
There are at least 2 recent threads in the forum about this issue (thread ids 19341 and 11299).

I will PM the info requested shortly.