Timer - "keep" setting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer - "keep" setting

olds4422
Audio Engineer
this setting does not work, I was under impression if it is set to 15 it will only keep 15, anymore recording be it new or reruns under that timer will override oldest episodes recorded and keep doing so for episode to be recorded keeping it at 15 recording. It dont do that it just keep recording and adding to the number episodes listed.

Seeing as I have all timers defaulting to "keep" 15 it will go over that limit even random timers that are 20 it goes over.

Is there reason why this setting dont work, the one function that could be used to limit some one from going record happy, DONT WORK
6 Replies

Re: Timer - "keep" setting

olds4422
Audio Engineer
and before i forget the UI still see's "AUTOTUNE" as recording in guide and schedule, they old UI actual show AUTOTUNE as AUTOTUNE in both the guide and schedule and blue icon for AUTOTUNE

And Manual timers are still bugged

IF i set Maunal timer for say
Autotune
11pm Saturday's

It will most likely set it to diffrent day and if you edit the timer from there back to right day it will most likely break the timer all together, resulting to have to delete the timer and start from over, maybe after half dozen tries and deleted timers it will work correct be set to correct day both issue been there since day one of the h3

scotar
Audio Engineer
tsunami2311 wrote:
this setting does not work, I was under impression if it is set to 15 it will only keep 15, anymore recording be it new or reruns under that timer will override oldest episodes recorded and keep doing so for episode to be recorded keeping it at 15 recording. It dont do that it just keep recording and adding to the number episodes listed.

Seeing as I have all timers defaulting to "keep" 15 it will go over that limit even random timers that are 20 it goes over.

Is there reason why this setting dont work, the one function that could be used to limit some one from going record happy, DONT WORK
I don't think it starts deleting anything until the hd starts getting full. It is not setting an auto delete when you set it to 15.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
it not doing anything when set to 15 or 20, i would expected it to either stop recording when hitting that limit or it start to override previously record stuff to keep within the limit, as far as i can tell it does nothing.

Like said the one setting that could be used to limit records of show dont work. and if this only work when hdd is full this setting will be lest of my issue or anyone else for that mater

RickObe
Visual Engineer
tsunami2311 wrote:
it not doing anything when set to 15 or 20, i would expected it to either stop recording when hitting that limit or it start to override previously record stuff to keep within the limit, as far as i can tell it does nothing.

Like said the one setting that could be used to limit records of show dont work. and if this only work when hdd is full this setting will be lest of my issue or anyone else for that mater

It works fine for me. If I have it set to Keep 5 events, for example, it only keeps 5 events. But keep in mind that excess events are not deleted immediately; only when the next event finishes recording. And maybe even not until the overnight reset.

Also, if you have multiple timers set for a show (maybe because it's on 2 different channels), those Keep limits function independently so you will end up with the sum of the limits, even though the shows appear within a single folder.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
then something is not right I have Chopped set to 15 only and there 16 in there and they were all recorded under same timer it shouldnt to be need to done during the nightly reset either if there is already 15 in there it should just override the old recording, which will keep it at appropriate number, cause it didnt remove the oldest one after 16 one was recorded

blautens
Character Actor
I've never had a problem with the keep feature itself - it's always kept the recordings to the numbers I set, and my HD is only at 57%.

And my manual timers work fine, also.

If I were you I'd list all your timers and double check them for dupes.

I've had to wipe out all my timers before when they weren't recording at all, though. I don't recall if I did a DVR reset or not, though.