Timer function on ViP 211k not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timer function on ViP 211k not working

frustrated
Extra

A few months ago changed my programing package to the Flex Pack.  I was told my old 311 receivers were out dated and had to change to the Vip 211K or go with the Hopper.  I changed packs to reduce costs and got the ViP 211k as replacements. 

Now, I like to program the receiver to auto tune or reminde me of upcoming daily/weekly shows but the timer funtion only works on the day I create it, even if it is a daily or weekly timer.  I contacted DISH a month and a half ago about the problem and they told me to call back around 1 1/2 months while they look into the problem.  They didn't, so I requested new receivers to replace the one's they replaced the 311's with.  The timer function on these new ones still don't work.

Anyone else out there have the ViP 211k receiver and use the timer function, because a DISH tech supervisor told me they won't look into the problem unless more people report the same problem.

3 Replies

Re: Timer function on ViP 211k not working

DISH Employee

frustrated, With the VIP 211k you are still able to set up weekly timers. Have we tried setting up a manual timer by 

Menu>Daily Schedule>Timers>Select Manual Timer>(chose the timer frequency you want)>Edit Timer>Set the desired time and date>Done 

frustrated
Extra

I've set up manual timers. My version is: Menu> Timers > Create Timer> "Choose Frequency" > "Choose Timer Type"> "Choose Channel"> Edit Time> Start Time> End Time> Create Timer> Done.  I've choosen Weekly, Daily and 'Mon-Fri' timers.  I've choosen VCR, Auto Tune and Reminder timers and every combination of the Frequency and Timer Types.  The timers work on the day I make them, but after that they DO NOT WORK.  The timers remain on the Timer List, but they simply do not work.

DISH Employee

Thanks for the information! I'd like to take a look at your equipment. Will you send me a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, please?

Here are the steps to sending a Private Message:

1.) Sign in to the community.

2.) Click the message count, or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.

3.) Click Compose New Message.

4.) Enter the recipient's name (JessicaM) in the Send To area.

5.) Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.

6.) Type the reply in the Message Body editor.

7.) Click Send Message.