Thumb Drive Not Recognized

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumb Drive Not Recognized

jeffsnoy
Extra
A couple of months ago I transferred some movies to a USB thumb drive. Now my Hopper 3 does not recognize the drive. I called Dish and they said I am out of luck. Has anyone experienced this and is there any way to get my
movies back to the hopper.
6 Replies

Re: Thumb Drive Not Recognized

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Power OFF the Hopper, install the USB stick in back. Power ON the Hopper and see if it's recognized.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Dish has never recommended using USB drives, requirement is powered external hard drive.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Thumb drives are solid state. Dish only supports disk. Also, self powered, and between 50 GB and 2 TB.

jeffsnoy
Extra
I tried the above suggestion and it did not recognize the thumb drive. It worked a few months ago so a software change must have done away with thumb drives.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
like we already said, Dish has never supported thumb drives (well documented here & elsewhere, has nothing to do with a software change).

you might get something to "save" but the chances of it playing back are minimal.

scotar
Audio Engineer
Have you popped the stick into a windows machine?

If so you may have fubar'd the formatting or file allocation tables. Especially if windows asked you to "Fix" the drive.