The new GUIDE totally sucks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new GUIDE totally sucks

JAFO2017
Character Actor
I have no idea what DISH is thinking, but they ruined the guide. You cannot see as far to the right. The colors make it harder to see. It is slow. I am just totally pissed about it enough to cancel the service and try another provider.
I have had DISH for many years, but they are about to lose a customer.
7 Replies

Re: The new GUIDE totally sucks

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Maybe it's time to upgrade your equipment. People upgrade computers every few years, receivers are just computers and you can't expect an old dvr to keep up with current software or hardware. If you just now got the carbon user interface you probably have old equipment since it's been out for over a year on more recent Hoppers.
Tags (3)

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Theres also theme styles that you can choose so you can see the menu better. I prefer the dark them with light text.

tobyshouse
Character Actor
They should not have forced the update without more testing on dish's part... Clearly the original hoppers and joey's can't take the update... Seems like they either don't care, or want you to pay for equipment upgrades. Not everybody has the money to get the newest stuff out there people...

Chadt41411
Casting Director

They have tested it for 2 years. Even on Hopper 1's. This is not something that just sprang up. This is only the last wave.

want to revert back to old guide

Kurtprunty
Extra
One of our hoppers was upgraded (downgraded) to the new guide - I call it downgraded because the quality of the graphics is much poorer, it is slower and it doesn't have anything that I value over the old user interface. It is a downgrade. My understanding is that there is no ability to revert back to the previous version. This is the definition of poor customer service and a very poor roll out of an inferior product.

I have been disappointed with Dish in the past - this confirms my dissatisfaction with the customer service and customer interface areas of their business.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Been using this UI for a while now. I like it. I like the darker theme. Easier on the eyes. Works well. I guess some users don't. It is was it is. :roll:

Jagoti
Extra
I could not have said it better. It does SUCK. Can it be changed back?