Thank you for a bug fix!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for a bug fix!

Major Havoc
Audio Engineer
I noted recently that the timer issue with an off air tuner on the Hopper 3 (problem of not being able to record a channel that has no guide data, or an entry with an extremely long time) has a new workaround. Excellent, and thank you for the fix.

Now, another request to please consider grabbing the channel guide data for an off-air channel while we are tuned to that channel please? (And even grabbing all off-air data when the set top is tuned to a satellite channel.) I know the data is there, both my Samsung TV with OTA, and my old DishPAL OTA to NTSC converter grab the data just fine.

Thanks for listening.
1 Reply

Re: Thank you for a bug fix!

scotar
Audio Engineer
Major Havoc wrote:
Now, another request to please consider grabbing the channel guide data for an off-air channel while we are tuned to that channel please? (And even grabbing all off-air data when the set top is tuned to a satellite channel.) I know the data is there, both my Samsung TV with OTA, and my old DishPAL OTA to NTSC converter grab the data just fine.

Thanks for listening.
If they do that, then they won't be able to force you to subscribe to locals to get the guide data.

Plus I am sure there are some database issues involving the DVR function.