TV2 to computer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV2 to computer

I have a VIP722kDVR receiver and want to take the Tv2 coax output to the in- house cable to my computer rrom.
The computer is a late model HP with no coax input, it has a nice 27" monitor that I want to use for display. The
computer accepts OTA signals with a Tuner in the USB, but will not display from the Dish receiver. I assume
the OTA is digital, the Dish is analog (?).. I have an idea about a converter but want to hear what you have to say.
Thanks for your help.
Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: TV2 to computer

Unfortunately this would be considered using 3rd party equipment and we are unable to assist with it
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hddn
Visual Engineer
As far as I know, what comes out of the 722 coax output is NTSC. I believe somewhere in the menu system you get to pick the channel.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
All TV signals are digital, analog doesn't exist anymore. That said, the receptive channel should be air 60 or cable 73, however you have the tuner setup. The tuner itself would need to be on that. You can also try 21 and 116.

Thanks for your reply. I took the coax to an old analog (1980) TV and got video,but could not do so with the tuner,
that"s why I thought the signal was analog. Probably the easiest solution is to but a cheap TV with coax in. I
don't have a lot of space in my computer room, so I thought the monitor would be OK. There seems to be
lots of options so will keep on looking.