TERRIBLE REMOTE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE REMOTE

techjunk83
Camera Crew
My remote for both my Hopper & Joey are getting worse by the week. The select button requires multiple presses every time I use it, other buttons randomly do the same. I regret giving up the old remotes, these remotes just tick off the family. Yes I have changed the batteries and checked LOS issues. Do any aftermarket remotes work well with the Hopper system?
5 Replies

Re: TERRIBLE REMOTE

DISH Employee
We are sorry to hear your frustration and want to help. We do not guarantee that any off market remote controls will work well with the Hopper. I am happy to review your account regarding your remote concerns. Please private message your account/phone and 4 digit PIN, along with your existing remote control model. This is found on the back of the remote, i.e. 40.0, etc. Thanks.

techjunk83
Camera Crew
PM Sent

stevenmac1956
Costume Designer
something is causing the the remote from being seen for 5 to 15 seconds at a time.
going from FF to play. The play button won't work and you have to back up.
Happens on The 40 remote.
I have a 40 and 50 remote by my chair. some actions are easier on the 40 and some on the 50.

olds4422
Audio Engineer
52 remotes or the old 40 remotes? I think the 52 cheap plastic remotes that i have to hit button multiple times just to get to do something, for get about the double function bs

wont use the 52 remotes 40 remote might be bigger and use more batteries but it has rubber buttons not cheap plastic nor do i have hit the button multiple times to get to do something nor do i have deal with double function buttons that take longer to do the same thing 40 does much faster. I have bunch brand new ones for when 40 remotes stops working,

52 remotes only good if you like cheap plastic and a smaller remote that use less batteries over actual usability

wiesshund
Character Actor
I fixes all my remotes.
The conductive paint wears off the back of the rubber buttons.

1) open remote, it just snaps open, open batter door and pop off the Dish Logo panel, and you will see 2 release slots to start opening it.

2) Cut aluminum foil pieces to fit the black area on the backs of the offending buttons

3) brush on a TINY amount of super glue to the black area, and attach the aluminum foil.

4) For lighted keys, allow glue to dry 1st, then cut away foil in between the contact pads (black area)

BAMM! Remote works like new, and you aint wearing the foil out.

(Yes this works for most any kind of rubber keyed remote not just dish)