TCL Roku TV and Joey Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Roku TV and Joey Issues

BryanTay
Extra
I recently purchase a TCL Roku TV and connected it to my Joey in a bedroom. Everything seemed to be working fine at first but i quickly ran into an issue. I'm not sure if the issue is with the TV or Dish. I'm suspecting it is with Dish.

Everything works as expected until I turn off the TV and it stays off for an extended period of time (say a 2-3 hours) when I turn the TV back on and try to watch Dish I'm presented with the Dish TV Activity screen. Most of the time it's says 0 of 0 receivers are in use. After a minute the screen will go black then refresh sometimes showing 1 of 3 receivers in use with the used receiver being the Joey i'm trying to watch. If I select that receiver and click watch, then i just get the black screen.

The weird thing is all the menus seem to work normally. For example I can go to the guide, go to the home or app screens and I can even change channels but I never get any picture or sound - just a black screen. The only way to get the picture back is to restart the Joey but once the TV has been off for a while the same issues start over.

I've tried switching out the Joey with one from another room but the same thing happens to both.

Please, it would be much appreciated if anyone has any idea what might be going on here!
Tags (3)
3 Replies

Re: TCL Roku TV and Joey Issues

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Did you make sure the cable to the wall is nice hand tight.

BryanTay
Extra
Yep... all is tight. thanks.

tommyy2
Audio Engineer
"I've tried switching out the Joey with one from another room but the same thing happens to both."

So do both Joeys work fine with the TV in the other room and neither works with the new TV?
Is the new TV 1080 or 4K, is the one in the other room 1080 or 4K?

BryanTay wrote:
I recently purchase a TCL Roku TV and connected it to my Joey in a bedroom. Everything seemed to be working fine at first but i quickly ran into an issue. I'm not sure if the issue is with the TV or Dish. I'm suspecting it is with Dish.

Everything works as expected until I turn off the TV and it stays off for an extended period of time (say a 2-3 hours) when I turn the TV back on and try to watch Dish I'm presented with the Dish TV Activity screen. Most of the time it's says 0 of 0 receivers are in use. After a minute the screen will go black then refresh sometimes showing 1 of 3 receivers in use with the used receiver being the Joey i'm trying to watch. If I select that receiver and click watch, then i just get the black screen.

The weird thing is all the menus seem to work normally. For example I can go to the guide, go to the home or app screens and I can even change channels but I never get any picture or sound - just a black screen. The only way to get the picture back is to restart the Joey but once the TV has been off for a while the same issues start over.

I've tried switching out the Joey with one from another room but the same thing happens to both.

Please, it would be much appreciated if anyone has any idea what might be going on here!