Sun spots?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sun spots?

k9s4hire
Character Actor

The second day in a row I've lost my signal to weather-related issues.  Not a cloud in the sky.  Is this sunspots or solar activity?

13 Replies

Re: Sun spots?

RETinWA
Extra

We've noticed the same thing the last three afternoons in NW Washington state.   Toggles between complete and partial signal loss and is down for around 5 minutes.    No weather here or in the southern sky.    Earlier this week there was talk of geomagnetic storms, but I thought that was just a one time thing.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

Same in eastern Oregon. I was just about ready to get some trees trimmed since I thought the wind was causing the issues, looks like it's something else.

RandMart3
Extra

I am in the Sacramento, Ca. area and for just the last 4 days I've been having the identical thing happening. It is between 3 pm and 5 pm. The weird thing is is that we only lose the signal for part of the house. Let me explain! Our house is spread out and because of that Dish told us that we need 2 dishes. We are only losing the signal for one of the dishes. I have checked and there isn't anything that is interfering with the signal. Also, it only seems to last for about 10 minutes or so. I called Dish and they said that they hadn't heard about any problems. So what can we do?

RandMart3

DISH Employee

Hey guys, this may have been a result from the recent known issue of a uplink center being down due to weather. It should be restored and working as normal again. Is everyone still experiencing these issues? 

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Working OK for me so far today, thanks Kevin!

DISH Employee

Sounds good, peggy! We're forwarding the feedback, so let us know if you experience any other issues. Thanks again for being apart of the DISH family! 

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Spoke too soon, back to SD for a few minutes just now so not fixed yet.

DISH Employee

That's no good, Peggyrh. Is it still following the same pattern of it happening during a certain time? 

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Earlier than before, had been between 3-5pm. Only lasted a few minutes before I got HD back, had to manually swap channel, wasn't automatic.