Stopping a Playback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping a Playback

azfrankp
Extra
Just got the new Hopper 3 and new remote (style 50.0). Lost the ability to simply stop a playback and delete it. This remote doesn't have a STOP button, only PAUSE. Am I missing something? :(
5 Replies

Re: Stopping a Playback

peggyrh
Associate Producer
No stop button, hit back & delete is an option. New remote takes more steps than old one, many are still using previous remote since it has more button choices.

xfoneguy50
Audio Engineer
I have 3 remotes connected to my H3 - the original Hopper remote (40.0), the new 52.0 and the 50.0 (voice) remote. I find myself falling back on the old 40.0 as it's just easier - for me, anyway. Not having a "stop" button doesn't seem progressive at all to me.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
hit select, easy as that.

i have 21.1 and 40 remotes also, but the only time i miss them is in the guide jumping forward a day, vs holding the fwd button on the 50/52
the 50 remote would be better for me with a med sensitivity setting compared to low or high as it is now.

azfrankp
Extra
peggyrh wrote:
No stop button, hit back & delete is an option.

Thanks and I've tried that except that because you can't stop the playback, only pause it, it won't delete. The procedure I have to use is FF to the end of the recording so it stops, then delete it. To add even more frustration, if I have save programs from "Prime Time Anywhere", which places the recordings in the 1st DVR screen, Dish records that program plus the rest of the programs on that channel up to the end of the Prime Time period which means I have to FF to the end of all programs to stop the playback in order to delete.

So much technology and they blow it on the simple stuff.

DISH, how about programming the PAUSE button to STOP if it's held down by more then 3 seconds. Problem solved!

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Primetime records everything on that network unless you edit & only choose a specific network. If you want to save certain shows you need to set a record series timer & then the shows are saved in the recordings folder - I have PTAT on but never use the PTAT folder, have shows set to delete at 2 days. The programs I actually watch are in my folder. BTW, my remote has the stop option when selecting back, then it shows resume, delete, DVR, Live TV. Select button does same thing.