Still trying to get Voice Command to work

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still trying to get Voice Command to work

Tomf8074
Camera Crew

Both remotes work for all functions but when trying to use voice commands, while speaking into the remote it immediately says “Oops, bad request” it the bottom of the screen. Then after searching it says “We’re having trouble processing your request, please try again”. This happens no matter how you phrase the command. Internet works on Hopper3 and Joey 3.0. Both download on demand and connect to watch movies on Netflix so internet is connected and verified (many times) on the Hopper3. Called support on 7-23-2019, he could not help me after about 45 minutes of resetting internet, Hopper3, etc. The tech said that he would escalate this problem. How long will it take to hear fro someone? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Still trying to get Voice Command to work

Tomf8074
Camera Crew

UPDATE:

Today Oct. 15, 2019 I had a chance to try our voice command again, since the last software update on our Hopper.
The system let me start over with setting up voice command (after I logged into my Google assistant). Followed the on screen prompts and all went very smooth. Everything is working as it should at this time. And it appears it was a software issue after all.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

DISH Employee

Sorry to hear you are having these issues Tomf8074.  If possible I would like to ask for a couple details.  Who is your internet service provider?  What specific commands were you using that returned the error?

If you would like, you can also send me a Private Message with the phone number on your account and I can review the notations from the agent and see what additional info I can find.

Here is a how-to on how to send a PM on this forum in case you have never done it before:
https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/m-p/15039#M421

dgerlach68
Extra

we had the same problem but had the tech return only to find we had the standard remotes. He replaced our hopper 3 remote with a Dish/Google remote and voice commands are working. Standard remotes that come with the Hopper 3 don't always function but the Google one fixes it right away. Hope this helps as the Dish techs do not seem to know this or they do not want to replace the older remotes.

DISH Employee

dgerlach68, thanks for reaching out! If you had a 21.x; 40.0; or 52.0 remote, it would not be compatible with the voice feature as these are not voice remotes. However, all voice remotes 50.0 and each 54.x series remote will be compatible with the new voice command function and Google Assistant as the software is downloaded to the receiver including the 54.0 remote packaged with the Hopper 3. 

Tomf8074
Camera Crew

ChristinaW,
Thank you for answering dgerlach68's question. However I have two 54.0 remotes that "Voice Command” will not work. This has been an ongoing problem since I got Dish. (Starting to rethink that decision). I kinda gave up believing that it’s just something in my case that can not be fixed. I’ve been all through my router settings, firewall, etc. I can however receive and watch OnDemand movies. I just am out of ideas on this end.

DISH Employee

Tomf8074, can you give me an example of the commands you are using? 

Tomf8074
Camera Crew

ChristinaW,

Channel 112

Channel 27

HGTV

ABC

While speaking into the remote, I get a message "Oops, we experienced an error. Please try again."

After that I get a Message "We're having trouble processing your request, please try again."

DISH Employee

Thanks for clarifying that for us, Tomf8074. When you say the commands, are they appearing the top right? For example, when you say, "Tune to channel 112", do those words appear on your screen?  

Tomf8074
Camera Crew

No all we see are the two messages with a little microphone at the bottom left of the tv screen 

DISH Employee

Alright, at this time we would want to investigate this further with you to see what could be causing the remote to not work properly. To access your account information, please send us a private message. 

Here is a link to show you how to send a private message through this platform: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039