Starting up 9999 issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting up 9999 issue

DBOON88
Extra
Anyone have idea on how to fix? Been doing this for over 24 hours now.
6 Replies

Re: Starting up 9999 issue

DISH Employee

Hello DBOON88. Typically this message occurs when the receiver needs to go through an update and should only take 5-10 minutes to complete. As this has been going on longer than that, have you reset the receiver since it started?

Drains
Character Actor
Our 1 week old Hopper is displaying the same message I got it working , watches for a bit. Turned back this afternoon and the error is back. I was on hold with Dish for 16 mins, worked with a tech who said he needed to connect me with a more advanced tech. Waited another 12 mins this time spoke with him for about 2 mins and we were disconnected( not sure if it was my cell phone or his phone). Called back and I’m on hold again. Tried to use the chat, but no response there. I chose an upgrade and made the decision to stay with Dish, now I’m not so sure Any suggestions what I can do to fix the problem. I’ve done soft shut down, hard shut down, plugged directly into wall, checked all wires and cables. There was no storm tincture the problem.

DISH Employee

This definitely shouldn't be happening so often. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin to check what other options we may have for you? 

Highlighted

Drains
Character Actor
I was finally able to get a text thru and a new receiver is being sent, although this one is just a week old. Hopefully this one will work so we don’t have to start over again with a different company.

DISH Employee

Glad to hear you are getting a new box. Please let us know how the new one is working when you receive it and if you are seeing any similar messages. 

Drains
Character Actor
New box is working. Keeping my fingers crossed that is continues to work since I had the other one for only a week.