Sports team recordings stop recording

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports team recordings stop recording

bobeuchre27
Extra
I have had Hopper 3 since May '16. When I first got it, this was an issue but was resolved after about a week when an "update" went through. Out of the blue, my sports teams have stopped recording. I have reset the receiver, I have deleted the timers and reset them but nothing. Any other issues out there with this? Any fix? Thanks.
11 Replies

Re: Sports team recordings stop recording

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Same thing here. Same fixes attempted without results.

2leegit4u
Extra
Same. Recording games is pretty much the only reason we have dish.

drewkat
Character Actor
Same issue here, I think is started 4-5 days ago or so. I have tried resetting the Hopper3, and tried deleting and redoing the Sports "seek" timers. But still the timer show no future events.

The sports "seek" timers were working just fine until these few days ago, and I believe all guide data is being updated nightly.

Still on software version U343 since Feb.9th.

2leegit4u
Extra
When I search for all shows including "SPURS", I still can't find the games. I have to open the Guide and find each individual game to record. Like a caveman. #firstWorldProblemsButStilWantThisShitFixed

drewkat
Character Actor
That's the same here too. Searching for the team name, "TWINS" for example, but finds no games. Have to go find them in the guide manually. This goes the same for all my teams, "WILD", "TIMBERWOLVES" etc.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
drewkat wrote:
That's the same here too. Searching for the team name, "TWINS" for example, but finds no games. Have to go find them in the guide manually. This goes the same for all my teams, "WILD", "TIMBERWOLVES" etc.

Workaround for now: use the GameFinder app. Set up your favorite teams, then you can search for games in the next three days and set timers directly from there.

(I know, not good enough. I want the seek timer back too)

drewkat
Character Actor
Thanks for the workaround idea.

I wonder what is wrong with the seek timers? I don't think it was a software update? Or, maybe they are having a problem with guide data somehow?

RickObe
Visual Engineer
drewkat wrote:
Thanks for the workaround idea.

I wonder what is wrong with the seek timers? I don't think it was a software update? Or, maybe they are having a problem with guide data somehow?

There have been a bunch of other guide data problems reported lately, so that would be my guess.

bobeuchre27
Extra
Nice to know this a "global" issue. Sucks. Been waiting for this capability for a while and now it takes a dump. Not cool. This needs fixed DISH!!