Specific Error Code: 77

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific Error Code: 77

snapbail
Extra
For what seems like FOREVER I have trouble with my VOD. The Dish tech has been here and blames it on my internet provider. My internet provider finds no problem. I do not have internet issues with any other devices. Very frustrating. Same error code (77) for multiple channels, shows, etc.
5 Replies

Re: Specific Error Code: 77

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
A few questions.
1) are you connected via WiFi
2)what speed is your receiver showing?
3) what receiver are you using
4) have you tried plugging the Ethernet directly to the receiver

SomeSun
Extra
I have the hopper 3. It's connected via WiFi. I can't connect to any vod or anytime video. Get error code 77. I use my phone with the app and use via WiFi and have no issues wheat l with that. I have reset the connection on the hopper, unplugged it and reset it many times but no luck. Any ideas so that I can actually use the vod features on the receiver?

DISH Employee

SomeSun. Have you been able to run a speed test on the Hopper? HOME button 3x > Status > Send Status > Test Connection/Installation 

SomeSun
Extra
Yup, I did all the tests and it's downloading at 100mbps and have a confirmation number as well. Tried the red button, unplugging it for 30 seconds, cycled the router and press and held the red button on front. Vod and watching a show on the phone works well while connected to the wifi but can't on the receiver at all. Been like this for a while

DISH Employee

SomeSun, we would be able to take a further look into this for you. Can you please send a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that we can access and review your account? You can use this link for more information on how to send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039